Phones don't stop ringing

craigw

When a person calls in from the outside to an extension and then hangs up either before the person answers or before the voicemail picks up, the phone continues to ring for several more rings after that. Why does it do this? Is there something I can change that would make the phones stop ringing when the person on the other end hangs?

Craig

rafael

Hi Craigw and welcome to the board :)

Open the following file:
;Uncomment these lines if you have problems with the disconection of your analog lines
busydetect=yes
busycount=3

Code:
;Uncomment these lines if you have problems with the disconection of your analog lines
busydetect=yes
busycount=3
and uncoment the lines as said in the file.

You may want to download the book Elastix Without Tears from the download area.

best regards,

rafael

craigw

Thanks for your reply rafael.

It didn't come through for me which file I am to edit. I do have Elastix Without Tears and did a search for some of the code that you reference and found it in the zapata.conf file. Is that the one I am to edit?

craigw

I found the text you reference, rafael, in two different files under /etc/asterisk. In my setup it was in chan_dahdi.conf and chan_dahdi.conf.elastixsave. In both files I uncommented those lines. I also changed the busycount=3 to busycount=6. Now the phone lines are dropped when the remote party hangs up just like it is supposed to.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr