Phones are disconnecting from the Server

rollinsolo

I have a peculiar situation happening to my system, I have not seen this before but after some time all of the phones connected to Elastix, seem to fall off and say No Service, a restart fixes this, but I would rather know the root cause of this and fix it so I don't have to restart their box or have them restart it everytime there is an issue, Even my remote SIP phones are losing connection and on all my other installs I have not seen this problem. Any help trouble shooting this would be much appreciated.

Patrick_elx

rollinsolo

I really don't think so but I am not 100% sure just yet, I would assume that its not a DNS issue as this customer is connected to the PSTN via a PRI card. So even if the internet went down the Voice would stay up. These phones are not running on SIP trunks. They are SIP phones and are getting hung up on something, but thank you I wan't to watch it for a while before I make any changes.

dicko

Perhaps not, if there are ANY sip trunks involved whether the call uses them or not, Asterisk apparently entangles itself in a sometimes unresolvable knot if the VOIP provider cannot be found. . I would disable all my SIP trunks to see if this resolves the problem.

(There are several threads here and elsewhere as to this "catastrophic failure", which is currently unresolved by anyone at asterisk, Digium or here at Elastix . . ., go figure, its a deal breaker to many!!)

rollinsolo

There were never any sip trunks involved so I will not have to disable anything it might just be dns or the router, I will wait on this for a while.

Mirko87

What are the DNS Servers that you specified to the PBX?...
If you don't have to exit on Internet for a VoIP Comunication, set your router as the DNS Server... Maybe you have set your ISP DNS...and when internet go down...It broke up your system...

Mirko

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti