Phonebook Directory

robclay

I have an IVR setup for an incoming call...

I use Option 5 to Dial the Phonebook Directory.

It seems as though when I pull up the directory there are no listings. (I tried keying in first and last name to no avail.)

Is there a way to query the database to see what listings she (elastix box) has?

Should I have done something special on extension creation to make sure they appear in the phonebook directory?

Thanks!
Robert

asepulveda

When you create the extensión you use Name and las name in the Display Name field?
you can chenge the configuration to search by name and no last name.

robclay

I have the full name in the Name Field: e.g. John Doe.

In the General Settings, under Company Directory:
I have tried finding users after setting this to First Name, Last Name, and First or Last Name.

Thanks for any suggestions...

asepulveda

What did you get in terminal or in logs when you enter the name or last name?

robclay

Just found a fix:
Free PBX Explanation and Fix

Hah! Reading some further comments here it appears that "Directory" (as opposed to "Phone Book") is a much more effective way to go. It reads the voicemail system, uses recorded names instead of spelling names, pays attention to both first name and last name, and doesn't require separate entry from the "extensions" entry system.

The only slightly awkward point is that "Directory" is not immediately available from the IVR destinations. However, it is simple to add it as a "Misc Destination".

Go to the "Setup" tab (as opposed to "Tools" tab) and click on "Misc Destinations" on the left side-bar. Type in some appropriate description (such as "Directory") and then in "featurecode shortcuts" choose "Directory" which will populate the "Dial" field. Click on "Submit Changes" and you have a new "Misc Destination" which is available for your IVR use.
Thanks for the help!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr