Phonebook (company directory)

Discussion in 'General' started by dstamour, Feb 11, 2011.

1. dstamour

Is there a way to make the company directory use the french prompt instead of the english one located in: /var/www/html/admin/modules/pbdirectory/sounds/pbdirectory. I was able to get everything bilingual except the company directory. The 4 english .sln files are used for some messages and the rest is taken from /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/fr so the company directory is now a mix of french and english prompt.

2. jgutierrez

Usually, when you have set another language, but it still playbacks some messages on english, means that those audios files doesnt exists on the selected language, that is why it takes them from the english folder.
    Check if there are the audios, else paste the CLI output, so we can see what is going on

3. dstamour

I tought that the files used were from "/html/admin/modules/pbdirectory/sounds/pbdirectory" but I found out that the were from "/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/pbdirectory/". So I added an "/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/fr/pbdirectory/" and copied and renamed some files from "/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/fr" directory and It worked now. I dont understand why the "/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/pbdirectory/" exist with some .sln files since those files alreary exits in the standard prompt directory.

Anyway, is there a way I can make the phonebook use the person's name recording instead of the spelling? If I remember correctly, FreeBPX use to do this but for I can't find, they've changed the phonebook.

@jgutierrez Thanks for your advices

4. jgutierrez

What I may think of, is to write a custome PhoneBookDirectory application, and using the requested extension to lookp up on the asteriskdb for the extension name, then playback it with Festival.

exten => s,n,Set(name=${DB(AMPUSER/503/cidname)})

Where 503 should be replaced by a variable containing the extension number to search