Phone Volume

Discussion in 'General' started by activecks, Nov 10, 2009.

1. activecks

Ok, As my other question regarding "call waiting tone" this may be phone related, but I wanted to ask here... as anything should be possible:

We use Polycom 330's and Polycom 601's. They are serviced through a server running Elastix. The phones themselves, use what is called "Volume Persistance" and even if you turn the volume up so you can hear, when you hang up the call, it resets the volume back to default. And it doesnt appear to be changeable through the phone GUI.

The server is provisioned through IAX2 Trunk. Is there anyway to turn up the volume in the server itself?

2. hinzinho

Try this:

Connected to the Elastix server and modify the sip.cfg file under /tftpboot from:

<volume voice.volume.persist.handset="0" voice.volume.persist.headset="0" voice.volume.persist.handsfree="1"/>

to

<volume voice.volume.persist.handset="1" voice.volume.persist.headset="1" voice.volume.persist.handsfree="1"/>

3. activecks

thanks, i got the file edited and voipsupply had a wonderful SOP for getting files to the phones.