PHONE SYSTEM FALLS ASLEEP1

Discussion in 'General' started by heliguy, Oct 12, 2010.

1. heliguy

Had a real nice jerk break into my old phone system and log some 900 calls, hope he gets a life. Time to try 2.0 elastix so new computer Ibm Vista all installed and running but the system only runs for a few hours and then nothing , no calls in or out, can't log onto system as root, no response to putty, web. I must unplug and it starts right back up and runs again. Sometimes for 1 hour sometimes all day long. Any suggestions?

2. trymes

Vista? Are you running Elastix on a computer all by itself, or are you running it in a Virtual Machine?

3. heliguy

it is running all by itself

4. dicko

Apparently not very successfully, please expand on your usage of "that word from hell, Vista".

In the absence of that you will have to give a few more details, you basically said "I installed it, and it doesn't work for long". Please post what you installed and how you installed it, and any hiccups you experienced during this process. Please post relevant clips from your logs (/var/log/messages*, and /var/log/asterisk/full*) from when it last broke (they are all timestamped,and retained and over a reboot) and any other diagnostics you have done.

5. Lee Sharp

Also, plug in a keyboard at the next reboot. (Monitor if you want) Then when it hangs again, see if the num-lock or caps-lock key make the lights go on and off. That will say if it is a hard lock, or something less severe.

6. heliguy

I did have a keyboard pluggged in and there was no response. I have reinstalled on a new computer and it has been running for 3 days now so I guess it was something with the computer. thank you for your help.