Phone Relay

telecomtechnician

Hi Elastix community

I am very excited with the upcoming elastix 2.0.

Meanwhile I want to share this idea.

Why not create an elastix module that could be called "PHONE RELAY". The functionality of this module is to control a hardware device that will have 4, 8, 12, 16 or more electronic relays, so it can TURN OFF or TURN ON any device connected to this hardware. It could even have a programmed schedule to automatic control devices. This devices could be lamps, water pumps, gates, elevators, and any device with electric or electronic turn on and off. This funcionality is very needed in buildings, malls and manufacturing industries.

The hardware device and the software to control it, already exists, (check the internet) but IT IS NOT integrated to a PBX. The thing is to integrate (enhance and customize)this functionality to elastix. This will BOOST elastix to an unique level where no standard PBX or IPPBX has ever been.

I am not a computer programmer, but I do have experience in installations (voice, data and electric cabling). So I can assure you that something like this could make a real good diference in the telecom field.

Once again thanks for letting me share this and waiting for your comments

David Medina

danardf

Hi David. :)

It's already possible with the Velleman K8055!
I've a friend that he use it and it works fine.

Myself, I use another Device, and another type: a X10 modules.

telecomtechnician

Hi Franck

As I said, it should be a software module (and hardware too) developed by Palosanto for the elastix IPPBX (something similar to the callcenter module). If this module for elastix exists, let me know, what hardware is compatible?

I know there are a third party equipment and software already available but not integrated with an IPPBX. This is my proposal or better said an idea, or suggestion.

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

danardf

Hoo sorry. ;)

Yes, about the sofware, I don't think that Elastix have this module.
But, about this hardware, you can make easily a dial plan to use it.
If you're not in a hurry, when my project will be completed, maybe I could try to make a module IO for Elastix.

I should use this hardware (k8055) at home for my portal, so... ;)

About X10 (on CPL)
If you would like to use the X10 hardwware, I can help you. (Only CM11 X10 module and not the CM15, because this last hardware is not compatible Linux).
This X10 program is based on HEYU for linux. You can use the dial plan to switch on/off a motor, lamp, ...Etc

Just a little example :

Code:
[custom-a1-on]
exten => s,1,playback(X10/les_lampes)
exten => s,n,playback(X10/de_la_chambre)
exten => s,n,playback(X10/des_parents)
exten => s,n,playback(X10/sont_allumer) 
exten => s,n,System(/usr/local/bin/heyu on A2) 
exten => s,n,Hangup()
System(/usr/local/bin/heyu on A2) : This line send an ON to the #A2 module.
Easy no?

Ok it's not a module, but it's easy to use it, and for the K8055, it's almost the same thing! :cheer:

Regards

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fpino