Performance Question about Elastix

navit.t

Hi,

Two simple questions.

1. Is a pure-Asterisk box better than an Elastix box in terms of performance ? We've got a contact center that we can implement either with Elastix or with pure-Asterisk, of course the Asterisk one takes longer but that's not a concern.
To clear up a bit, by performance, I mean CPU and RAM usage (or dropped calls or deadlocks or any other non-regularities) happening in a big queue with 70 - 100 members and 200 - 300 callers. We just want to implement a smooth call center :lol:

2. Is there any easy way to convert an Elastix installation to a pure-Asterisk one ? We have the system setup in a couple of days in Elastix. If, in any way, we have to choose the Asterisk solution, is there a better way than building the system again from ground up ?

navit.t

Patrick_elx

Elastix is just an asterisk distribution with some added gui.

The only think you will accomplish with a barebone asterisk is to use less hard drive space from all the gui pages.

CPU wise, you will have a few less process running in the background (like the httpd) but they are insignificant when you are not accessing the gui anyway.

alwayson

how many concurrents call? do you consider cluster ? remember power & cooling and security requirements, also include routing, switching to do list.

navit.t

Elastix is just an asterisk distribution with some added gui.

The only think you will accomplish with a barebone asterisk is to use less hard drive space from all the gui pages.

CPU wise, you will have a few less process running in the background (like the httpd) but they are insignificant when you are not accessing the gui anyway.
Thank you, I appreciate the light up ;)

how many concurrents call? do you consider cluster ? remember power & cooling and security requirements, also include routing, switching to do list.
I've posted a question regarding that with no answers, on this forum. Here is the link:
Elastix Stress Test Problem

We've got 70-100 agents and 200-300 callers. On maximum, we will have 100 agents answering and 200 people on queue, so it concludes 100 concurrent calls. I know that queues in Elastix (or FreePBX) are heavy, because they have been implemented as regular extension-to-extension calls, and it is one of my concerns. Based on this article, that I guess is valid in Elastix as well:
Heavy Queue Usage in FreePBX

So, summing up, I don't know how to stress test (my no-answer forum post) and I don't know if queues are better in pure-Asterisk or Elastix (based on different implementations stated in the above article).

Thanks
navit.t

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr