password for polycom 331's? and ext issue

Discussion in 'IP Phones' started by Mathiau, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Mathiau

i am new to all this IP phone stuff, just got in my phones,polycom ip 331's and some Aastra 6757i, and they want a user/pass to access the phone via the webgui, but i can not locate one in any manuals, i found one in google but it didnt work...

Also, i set up the ext. and assigned the phone via the endopint configuration in Elastix and the secret , how do i now "log in" on the phone to connect to the Elastix system?

i rebooted the phones and i try to dial the ext but i get nothing, i am reading through elastixs with out tears step by step, but feel like i missed something.

2. Megabyte

For the Polycom phones the user is :polycom with the pass:456. on Aastra phones is

3. Mathiau

thank you sir. i assume i have to actually set up the info on the phones, like dns, gateway and such? they wont automatically pick up via the elastix box?

4. Megabyte

If you dont have a DHCP server to obtain and IP address automatic you can set up one in Elastix, you can go to system-network-dhcp server fill the boxes there to fix your configuration and restart the phones. later go to the endpoint configurator tab and make an scan. you will see your phones, choose your brand and model and assing an extension.

5. Mathiau

ya, that is how i have originally set it up, under endpoint configuration the phones show up, and i assign ext to them, but then when i decided to test, i try to call an ext, on my polycom 331, i try to call ext 101, which is linked to a Aastra 6757i phone, but it just gives a busy signal and if i try to go out from the 6757i, nothing seems to happen :(

i am sure i missed something silly!

6. Mathiau

screen of endpoint config [​IMG]

7. Megabyte

To be honest i just had tested it whith Linksys IPPhones, if that thosent work to you go an configure that manual.If someone here of the guys know how to make it with Polycom IPPhone and Aastra they will help you.

Note: can you put here the "sip show peers"

8. Mathiau

understanable, your help is appreciated :)

Code:
    Name/username              Host            Dyn Nat ACL Port     Status               
    120                        (Unspecified)    D   N      0        UNKNOWN              
    119                        (Unspecified)    D   N      0        UNKNOWN              
    118                        (Unspecified)    D   N      0        UNKNOWN              
    117                        (Unspecified)    D   N      0        UNKNOWN              
    116                        (Unspecified)    D   N      0        UNKNOWN              
    115                        (Unspecified)    D   N      0        UNKNOWN              
    114                        (Unspecified)    D   N      0        UNKNOWN              
    113                        (Unspecified)    D   N      0        UNKNOWN              
    112                        (Unspecified)    D   N      0        UNKNOWN              
    111                        (Unspecified)    D   N      0        UNKNOWN              
    110                        (Unspecified)    D   N      0        UNKNOWN              
    109                        (Unspecified)    D   N      0        UNKNOWN              
    108                        (Unspecified)    D   N      0        UNKNOWN              
    107                        (Unspecified)    D   N      0        UNKNOWN              
    106                        (Unspecified)    D   N      0        UNKNOWN              
    105                        (Unspecified)    D   N      0        UNKNOWN              
    104                        (Unspecified)    D   N      0        UNKNOWN              
    103                        (Unspecified)    D   N      0        UNKNOWN              
    102                        (Unspecified)    D   N      0        UNKNOWN              
    101                        (Unspecified)    D   N      0        UNKNOWN              
    20 sip peers [Monitored: 0 online, 20 offline Unmonitored: 0 online, 0 offline]

9. Megabyte

Humm it looks like the automatic config didnt work, you will have to set up manually.

10. Mathiau

trying that out now :)

11. Mathiau

set them up manually, correctly i think, but the Aastra still say no service :(

i assume the gateway for the phone should be the IP of my elastix server... i set it as that, manually set the IP address, DNS, but still nothing it seems :(

i now have 2 Polycom 331's, as soon as i dial an ext it is instant busy signal, both phones are set manually as well :(

12. jgutierrez

I have configured Polycoms through the endpoint manager, without any troubles, you will only need some things:

1. Polycom must have an ip assigned
    2. Polycom must be on the same net that Elastix
    3. Polycom must be set to use TFTP (it should be pointing to the Elastix web interface)

If you get a busy tone, when you call from one extension, into another, paste the following information:
    * asterisk -rx "sip show peers"
    * a log of the call attempt

13. Mathiau

#3 i had not done!! didnt even think of that part

so i would go to the TFTP enter in the full http: / / <myip>
    would i enter a user pass, the same i use to login? the admin / ******************
    ?

man i want to run back to the office to try this out..lol!

14. jgutierrez

Just leave the user and password that comes on the Polycom, after you get a succesful configuration on the web interface, you will need to send to reboot your polycom, then it will retrieve the information from Elastix. On the ip field, should be the tft server address (elastix)

15. Megabyte

Hay for de yo pasarle el parametro automaticamente del TFTP al telefono Polycom sin necesidad de ir a configurarselo manual, es decir desde el servidor DHCP de elastix no puedo pasarle este parametro? o necesito otro servidor TFTP, orientame por favor

16. Mathiau

lol, i really need to work on my spanish!! :D

i was so deperessed when i left work today cause i couldnt get anything working, but now i am worked up to get back in tomorrow!

we are supposed to be moved into our new office for Monday so i hoped to have this done and working by then, fingers crossed!

17. Megabyte

Sorry im posting in diferents Forums english and spanish i didnt make the crossover. the question i made here was for jgutierrez. I want to know how to pass the tftp parameter to the Polycom phone in the automatic way without going to configure manual. i wanna know if i can do that with elastix DHCP server or i need to use another DHCP server to do that or if i can hand edit the DHCP config files to send that parameter too.

18. Mathiau

interesting question, i have my entire system set for DHCP, but my pfsense firewall handles the DHCP side of things, using Elastix DHCP may let you do more with it....

19. Megabyte

Or maybe your Pfsense DHCP has that option too, because i know event Microsoft DHCP server can send that parameter (the TFTP server).Is so important to know that because when you have a big installation its no so confortable to go phone by phoen configuring that parameter manually.

20. Mathiau

Good to know, this initial set up is 22 phones, 15 polycom 331' , 4 Aastra 6757i's and 2 polycom conference phones.

i think tomorrow is going to be a fun day!