participate in an existing call

robert12

Hi All,
How can 3 internal users participate in(jump in) an existing call between an inside and outside party to be able to listen and talk and make a 5 speaker (lets say 4 internal and 1 external) Conference call
Thanks

dicko

More than three parties normally needs you construct a conference (meet-me) endpoint.

robert12

so we cannot add users to confrence just by pushing the conf. button after 1 user is addes in a 3 way conf.?

dicko

Asterisk supports three way calling, some phones have in effect a "conference bridge" built in, that depends on your hardware, but for quality of voice on all legs I suggest you use the asterisk meetme (conference) application.

dicko

robert12

thanks for your post, so its intresting to know that the meet-me confrancing(each user has to individually call-in), is better quality that 1 person conf. 4 other users, does it have to do with the initial caller's phone traffic and all the others that he conf. in?

dicko

You can transfer a call to a conference, then join it yourself, after perhaps getting the other parties involved. The conference bridge is a piece of low level code (audio factory) that will better mix the various audio streams and attempt to "normalize" the levels of the different legs.

robert12

that works great internally but when outside PSTN callers are transferred to the conf. ext. , once they hang up system doesn

dicko

Then my guess is that you are using analog trunks and need to research "far end disconnect supervision" (many posts here :) ) the tone you are hearing is probably a "fast busy" or technically a "re-order" tone not a busy, but that's just me being pedantic.

dicko

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mai Tuyen