outgoing DTMF problems

Discussion in 'General' started by userfromca, Oct 20, 2008.

1. userfromca

I have ht-486, PAP2 and x-lite connected to elastix 1.3 (upgraded last night from 1.1-6 for this problem but still no result, it got worse). I have two Dahdi (formerly known as prince opps zap ;-) lines on x100p and multiple outgoing SIP trunks. I have only ulaw and alaw codecs enabled. SIP trunks are exclusively used for outgoing calls. Dahdi is for incoming. All the incoming/outgoing calls, faxes are fine but when I call a number that has IVR and press buttons on my phone, the recipient IVR gets multiple instances of same number. I press 2 they get 2 2 or even 2 2 2. This also happens on outgoing Dahdi! line. I have tried peer setting dtmfmode= to inband, sip info, rfc2833 and auto individually and in combination. I have also tested individual trunks. All fail in same manner. I tried xten connected directly to SIP prover and that seems to work fine. I have also made changes to ht-486 and extension in freepbx to match above setting everytime but that did not help either.

1.1-6 was little better as one sip trunk would work most of times but now dahdi or sip nothing works.

Any suggestions?

2. jgutierrez

have you tried
    relaxdtmf

3. userfromca

I forgot to mention that I have also tried relaxdtmf=yes and rfc2833compensate=yes without any success.

What do these parameters do?

4. jgutierrez

mmm...

if you want you may contact me so I may login into your server...

5. userfromca

I appreciate your offer to access my server but due to sensitive data on the network, the management does not allow anybody from outside coming in to network.

Any other suggestions?

6. jgutierrez

the first thing that I would double check is that I'm using the appropiate dtmf setting, I would contact my provider and ask for that info, then I would set the same dtmf setting into my trunk and into my ATA

7. userfromca

I am in contact with the provider. As per their suggestion I tried x-lite softphone directly with the provider and do not see this problem. It only occurs when I am using elastix.

8. jgutierrez

have you tried seting up the dtmfmode option within your trunk definition? also include it within your sip configuration file.

for example:
    dtmfmode=rfc2833

9. Stinger81

I had some problems with DTMF, too. Mine consisted of those multiple tones when, for example, activating call recording.

I have tried multiple (if not all) settings of dtmfmode, the only one working correctly for me *with SNOM phones), is "inband".