Outgoing config issues

Discussion in 'General' started by Pfortunato, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Pfortunato

Hello, I got some problems configuring my Sip Trunk. I want to call to the exterior using my phone number but I just don't know how to config my Sip Trunk. I've read some forums and it seems easy, using a adsl but I don't have an idea about how to config using a Phone number. Btw, my lan is already working without any problem, the next step is "call to mobile phones and other phones".

Thank you for your time

Pedro :p

2. chrnaranjo

Hi Pedro!

I did not understand good, do you have the trunk already setting up or not? and if it is yes who is your sip provider and if you can copy your trunk config.

3. Pfortunato

hi, thanks for your first of all, I got my sip configured already (extensions) and it is working well in lan. Now I want to config my elastix to be able to connect to do exterior using my phone number (+35121xxxxxxx), sorry about my first topic, was a bit hard to understand it well xD.

Thanks for your time

Pedro ;)

4. Pfortunato

hum, I mean thanks for your time first of all* (bit stressed up, thats the reason :X)

5. Patrick_elx

How do you connect to the outside world? via SIP via PSTN?
    If you are using a sip trunk who is your provider?
    If you are using your landline, what card/interface do you use?

6. Pfortunato

Thank your :)

First, I'm using sip in my Lan and my sip trunk is Portugal Telecon

7. Patrick_elx

Does Portugal Telecom give you any info about the sip setting that they want you to use?

8. Pfortunato

Forgot to say that I cant connect to outside world right now, my elastix is hosted in a vm, connected to a server (windows server that admins the network). I just want to connect to outside world using my phone line (ex: +35121xxxxxxx) but I cant config it :s

9. Pfortunato

Not really :/. By some comments that I've seen in some Forums in portugal I need a sip account right?

10. Patrick_elx

Yes you do.

That's like saying:
    - I can't receive email.
    - What is your email account?
    - I don't have one.

To be able to contact other landline/mobile phone (the PSTN), you need at some point to be connected to it.
    You can either use your analog phone line that you have and connect your pbx to it with an FXO interface (card or box) or you can use a provider that will give you this connectivity through a SIP or IAX2 IP connection. In the later case, they will provide you with the basic setup that you need to put in your trunk config. Sometimes they are given for a plain vanilla asterisk and we can help you to tell you where to put it in your elastix gui, or sometimes they will give you screen copy of what you need to enter exactly in Freepbx.

11. Pfortunato

Was just to confirm :). Thank for your help :p. Without being anoying, its possible to connect my elastix to a phone central? (alcatel Omni Pcx Office)

12. Patrick_elx

you should be able to, at least as an analog extension.
    I'm not sure about how the digital extension mode are working on this pbx, but I'm sure that someone in this forum already played with this Alcatel model.

13. Pfortunato

I think its all for now :)

Thank you so much for your time and help

Pedro :p