Outgoing call picking up incoming call

Discussion in 'General' started by LFReD, Dec 23, 2009.

1. LFReD

What would cause an outgoing call to pickup an incoming call randomly?

2. dicko

It's called "glare" if you have FXO trunks (and I'm assuming that you are, as this problem doesn't exist normally for other types of trunk) and the incoming call come in line1, line2, line3, etc. and the outgoing calls go out in the same order, then there are points in time when the state of the line is undefined (on hook, off hook, ringing). either reorder the lines (in reverse) or define and use group G0 instead of group g0 in your outbound routes, to minimize this effect.

3. LFReD

How do i 'reorder' the lines?

4. LFReD

In the FXO card, do i put incoming line 1 into say line 4 of the card, 2 into 3 etc?

5. dicko

If the inbound routes are the same for all the trunks that will work, defining and using G0 for outbound is IMHO more elegant.

6. LFReD

Can you set the line order of G0 from the GUI? Im too much of a noob to hack the scripts themselves.

7. dicko

You can do almost anything from bash ;) but as you are a "newbie" then:

They are defined in /etc/asterisk/dahdi_channels.conf but as long as there is dial tone on all your trunks so defined in that file, then G0 is already there and usable (G and g,r and R are metadata used to describe how asterisk uses channels in groups. G0 is just g0 upside down, r and R are not generally useful they use the trunks "round-robin") to use G0 just add in FreePBX a zap/dahdi trunk and call it G0, that's all folks!!

8. LFReD

Ok.. easy enough.

As a learning excercise.. looking at my dahdi_channesl.conf file, in which i have 8 lines (Xorcom Astribank)

i would take;

channel => 1 (from line 1)

and make that channel => 8 ( channel => 2 to 7.. and so on correct?)

9. LFReD

I suppose the only other issue is I only have dial tone on the first 5 of 8 lines.

10. dicko

Then put channels 6-8 in some other group (1 for example) and use G1 for calls to people you are not interested in talking to.

11. dicko

Sorry, that slipped passed me No, incorrect, you can change the grouping but not the channels, they are setup sequentially when the various dhadi modules are loaded.