outgoing call and digits detection

victorw123

hi all, I'm using Elastix 1.6-12.

When I make a call with IP phones and hear the IVR: "please push 1 to XXX, 2 to YYY", and then I push the 1 to talk to XXX, but it is not detected the digit.

So, I can't interact with the IVR of called side.

The dtmf mode of the ip phone is set to rfc2833 and the extension's dtmfmode is set o rfc2833 too.

How can I fix it?.

jgibson

How are you getting to the outside world? With sip or ...

victorw123

with digium fxo cards, in elastix is configured as zap trunks with dahdi compatibility mode.

jgibson

I only have experience with dtmf issues on a sip trunk so I might not be that much of a help. Have you tried changing the dtmfmode to something else like inband or info? You might also have to check with you carrier to see what kind of dtmfmode they accept.

dicko

With ZAP/Dahdi trunks all DTMF signaling during the call is inband,i.e. it is in the audio stream, which is always ulaw or alaw, so any sip method, be it inband, info or rfc will be automatically transcoded, no need to change anything, DTMF or (touch-tone) is intrinsic to analog/TDM trunks so there is rarely a problem if you are talking to a legitimate Telco trunk.

Check the basic dahdi functionality as to stability and serviced interrupts, dahdi-tool and dahdi-test -v will give you a clue if things are amiss, all of this elsewhere documented of course.

check your trunks for gain and balance and as a last resort try relaxedtmf=yes in your dahdi setup, but that should NEVER be necessary if talking to a legitimate Telco with a properly functioning Dahdi subsystem. Also Toneduration=<a bigger number of milliseconds> can be useful if you are talking to old or recalcitrant IVR's (or even Telco)

I suggest you also add dtmf to the asterisk logging in logger.conf for debugging

mbit

Best thing to try is to change the dtmfmode from rfc2833 to inband.

victorw123

OK, now it works!. I didn't make any changes to asterisk, I just changed the IP phone DTMF configs to "SIP Info" from "RFC 2833".

dicko

Then lied to you :) glad you got it working,

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen