outbound over copper analog issue

Discussion in 'General' started by rramer, Apr 9, 2011.

1. rramer

I have a customer with an Elastix 1.6-13 that has been fairly happy for some time, however a problem developed with one of the copper trunks and it fell on it's nose! Troubleshot the copper and got the issue resolved, however when the inside caller would dial a 9 for trunk access the call would fail everytime regardless of the number of lines in use.
    original dial plan:
    91NXXNXXXXXX
    9NXXNXXXXXX
    9NXXXXXX
    9[469]11

I put in a new dial plan in the first priority of :
    1NXXNXXXXXX
    NXXNXXXXXX
    NXXXXXX
    [469]11

And they can once again dial out w/o major issues. however, the other day they called me because the outbound was on the fritz again, I remoted in, and restarted the dahdi interface first. the lines cleared. but they were still unable to complete a call.
    I then restarted the amportal, and it was fine after that.

I need some assistance in what could be causing this failure...

Thanks much!!

Rob Ramer

2. mbit

It sounds like in the chan_dahdi.conf you need to set the busydetect and busycount functions. If these are not set on analogue then the analogue lines may never hang up and they wont be able to get a line.

3. agidi

I have that setting enabled, and every now and then the lines still stay off hook and cant be used

So you might want to cron a restart o reload. FXOs tend to do this on all of our installs.