outbound CID on custom extensions

Discussion in 'General' started by MH, Aug 1, 2010.

1. MH

MH

Hi
    I am a trixbox user for a few years now and currently have a 2.6 version installed.
    I have an issue with outbound CID on custom extension and I wonder if anyone encountered this on elastix.

I created a custom extension that is supposed to dial to my cellphone. I need to get a specific caller ID when someone is calling using this specific extension but the Outbound CID never passes!! not when calling from an extension or as an IVR destination.

on the custom extension I put:
    dial Local/9###MyCellNumber##@from-internal

if I put the outbound CID on a regular SIP extension - I see it when calling my cell phone so you cant say my provider is blocking the CID...

Is there a way around this? otherwise it seems there is no use for outbound CID on custom extensions....

If this doesnt happen with elastix I would like to know... maybe I need reinstall everything using elastix

2. dicko

Try replacing

dial Local/9###MyCellNumber##@outbound-allroutes

3. MH

MH

thanx for the reply!

Tried your suggestion - didn't work.

every other way I try - passes the CID. the only thing that seems to get totally ignored in all conditions is the outbound CID mentioned under the CUSTOM EXTENSION.

4. dicko

And you have a caller ID on the custom extension and a default CID on all of your trunks? It seems to work for me in Elastix' version of FreePBX I'm obviously not an authority on Trickybox, no matter what version you use, I seem to remember they forked it up.

dicko

5. MH

MH

I have CID on my custom extension.

On the trunk I tried with and without a default CID (different from the CID I need for this extension)

on the brighter side:
    I've worked out a way around this:

I created another trunk with the same definitions except this one has Outbound Caller ID with the CID I need. Then I made an outbound route to use this trunk - and VUALA! The CID is sent.

If reinstalling all the trunks extensions IVRs wasnt suck a pain I probably would have gone the elastix way earlier :)