Outbound Campaigns

Discussion in 'General' started by MarcTele, Jun 21, 2010.

1. MarcTele

Hello everyone,

I have setup the Call Centre module as per the instructional video by Bob Langys (Great video by the way). The problem I am having is when it comes time to take calls from the dialer.

I log into the agent console using the agent I created, enter the password to the phone when it calls me & I then hear the hold music.

What happens next is the following in the Asterisk CLI

== Parsing '/etc/asterisk/manager.conf': Found
    == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/manager_additional.conf': Found
    == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/manager_custom.conf': Found
    == Manager 'admin' logged on from 127.0.0.1
    == Manager 'admin' logged off from 127.0.0.1

This just repeats over and over. Is this normal? I can see some SIP traffic when viewing the debug for some calls however nothing ever comes to the agent logged in. The agent console just says 'No Active Calls'

Is there something I have missed or is this a known issue between Elastix 1.6-12 & Call Center Module 1.5-3.4?

Thanks in advance

2. jgutierrez

Have you set correctly the start time and date for your campaign? (Check the time and date settings of your server) Have you placed the letter A for each of your agents (not extensions) on your queue.
    If you enables the elastix dialer debug (Callcenter -> Configuration), what does it says?
    tail -f /opt/elastix/dialaer/dialerd.log

3. MarcTele

Thanks for the response jgutierrez

I have set the date/time for the campaign to cover an entire day just for testing. The campaign seems like it is running (Only has about 10 numbers for testing) as it goes from active to finished after I am logged in as an agent.

I have configured the agent as A9000,0

If there is anything else you need please let me know :)

4. jgutierrez

Yes, from what I can see, it is not getting connected to the asterisk manager, on the configuration interface of the call center module, set the user as admin, and the password as elastix456
    As well, tell us the configuration parameter for your outbound campaign

5. jastele

Hello this is Marc on my co-workers account since for the better part of 5 days I've been unable to login to the forums on my account (MarcTele)

I can confirm that the AMI details I have been trying to use are:

admin
    elastix456

The configuration of the outbound campaign is as follows:

Name - Test
    Range Date - 18 Jun 2010 to 18 Jun 2010 (This was the last date I was testing it as it has been unused since then)
    Schedule per Day - 00:01 to 23:59
    Forms - Customer_Info
    Trunk - SIP/Telegate_Trunk
    Max. used channels - 23
    Context - from-internal
    Queue - 2000 Outbound
    Retries 2

If there is anything else you require please let me know.

6. jgutierrez

If you are using a trunk, then, you must write down exactly as the number should be dialed, when you choose a trunk and not dial pattern, the dialer will take the trunk and dial the number as it is, it wont go through your dial plan, it wont add or remove any prefix. It will just be dialed directly

7. jastele

For testing I put in approximately 10 numbers in a few formats. I was fairly certain that like you said the trunk setup will not pass through the dial plan so at least some of the numbers should have dialled.

I can see some SIP traffic through the asterisk console but none of the calls reach their target nor do they get delivered to the agent.

Perhaps if you cannot see anything wrong with the setup we will just try Elastix 2.0 and the new Call Centre as I believe they are out on the 1st of July.

8. jastele

So no more ideas or things we can look at? I would be really keen to get this working especially since Elastix 2.0 is delayed.

I have tried a fresh Elastix install and I'm still getting the same error in the CLI with the AMI account logging on and off.

I tried creating a new AMI login and using that however the logon logoff error in the CLI is still using the 'admin' login instead of 'dial' the new login I created. Could this be the source of the problem? Is it trying to login to it with 'admin' and whatever password it has regardless of what I enter into the configuration page?

9. jgutierrez

I will recommend you to use the latest callcenter version available at sf.net
    Then configure the user as admin, and elastix456 as the password. Check the box to enable dialer debug. Then start the elastix dialer and upload an outbound campaign.
    Attach the output for
    tail -f /opt/elastix/dialer/dialerd.log
    While the campaign should be starting until it ends.

10. jastele

Thanks for all your help, I was able to get it running today with a few tweaks here and there :)

11. mjavier99

Re: Re:Outbound Campaigns

Hi jastele. Which changes did you do to get it working ? Best Regards

12. Oosthuizen

hi there all

i have a bit of a problem here, unable to get call center working

i saw in dialerd.conf that the password was elastix456, i changed it to what i set my system password on installation but still not working
    i have debug code below please is someone can shed some light it will be highly appreciated
    my versions as follows
    elastix 2.0.0 release 57
    asterisk 1.6.2.13
    call center 2.0.0 release 12

i saw in older threads that i must place a letter A (Have you placed the letter A for each of your agents (not extensions) on your queue. by jgutierrez )i can't get it setup that way can someone please give more detail

2011-01-08 23:19:32 : (DialerProcess) PID = 10915, process terminated normally.
    2011-01-08 23:19:32 : (ProcessMonitor) WARNING: DialerProcess (PID=10915) ended unexpectedly (status=0), scheduling restart...
    2011-01-08 23:19:32 : (DialerProcess) starting up process...
    2011-01-08 23:19:32 : (DialerProcess) Usando host de base de datos: localhost
    2011-01-08 23:19:32 : (DialerProcess) INFO: AMI login configurado en DB...
    2011-01-08 23:19:32 : (DialerProcess) Usando host de Asterisk Manager: 127.0.0.1
    2011-01-08 23:19:32 : (DialerProcess) Usando duración de sesión Asterisk de : 0 segundos.
    2011-01-08 23:19:32 : (DialerProcess) Usando tiempo de contestado (inicial) de : 8 segundos.
    2011-01-08 23:19:32 : (DialerProcess) Usando umbral de llamada corta: 10 segundos.
    2011-01-08 23:19:32 : (DialerProcess) Usando porcentaje de atención: 97.0 %
    2011-01-08 23:19:32 : (DialerProcess) INFO: Iniciando sesión de control de Asterisk...
    2011-01-08 23:19:33 : (DialerProcess) Failed to login.
    2011-01-08 23:19:33 : (DialerProcess) FATAL: no se puede conectar a Asterisk Manager

13. kiosklim

hi pal..guess u shud set ur new password at manager.conf
    please correct if im wrong..^.^

Regards,
    Gabriel