outbound calls separation by extensions

Discussion in 'General' started by bono056, Feb 14, 2010.

1. bono056

hi
    i have 6 trunk lines & some extension, i want to set up system in a way that some extension use only 3 trunk for their outbound calls & other extensions use 3 other trunks.
    any help?

2. dicko

Please search here for "custom contexts" you need to separate your trunks into groups and allow access by the custom context from an extension to the particular trunk group, while denying other access, it's not for the faint of heart though and can really screw you up if you get it wrong.

3. bono056

how can i separate trunks into groups? i should be done via elastix gui or it needs dialplan?

4. Amphibian

I did it the cheap and dirty way,

One division has 8 extension, the other has 12, I set them up to use codes to dial with such as

in the extension dial plan they are required to dial the following before the actual number:
    01-local dialing
    04-long distance
    07-international calling,

Then I assign the sip trunks accordingly
    o1- sip 1 trunk dial plan for local
    04- sip 2 trunk dial plan for long distance
    07- sip 3 trunk dial plan for international

on second set of 12 extension I do the same

03-local dialing
    06-long distance
    09-international calling

and then do the same with trunks

03- sip trunk 4
    06- sip trunk 5
    09- sip trunk 6

other sip trunks are used for inward calls only on that machine. All done from GUI.

Hope this is helpful,

William

5. dicko

No you will you have to do it manually, usually in /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf. to find out how, I suggest either in these forums or you could spend some time at http://www.voip-info.org, and then you would understand how asterisk/dahdi defines and uses trunks into groups and how it uses them as dahdi/g0 or dahdi/G0, dahdi/g1 or dahdi/G1 etc. sorry I can't hold your hand here but until you understand, you really wont be able to use "custom contexts" As I said "it's not for the faint of heart"

6. bono056

tankX, plz add some links here, i'm newbie & couldn't find anything related in voip-info.org.