Outboud bad sound quality

Discussion in 'General' started by Phoneeman, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Phoneeman

I am having problems with poor sound quality on random outbound calls. I can here the party on the other end fine however they say I sound like an overdrive amplifier. This happens on both IP phones (GXP2000) and ATA (Linksys PAP2T). I have also tried 2 different carriers Vitelity and Diamondcard with the same problem on both. I am using a cable modem with a linksys WRT54GL router.
    Here is my trunk setup:
    type=friend
    username=XXXX
    secret=XXXX
    fromuser=XXXX
    context=from-trunk
    insecure=very
    canreinvite=no
    host=outbound1.vitelity.net
    disallow=all
    allow=ulaw
    qualify=yes
    nat=yes
    trustrpid=yes
    sendrpid=yes

Thank you in advance for any help

Phoneeman

2. Chilling_Silence

Interesting, the fact its happening with two different ITSP's would lead me to believe its not a problem at their end
    The fact its happening with both a GXP2000 and a PAP2T would indicate its not something that you've incorrectly configured (Unless you've modified the gain levels on both etc, it might still be worth doing a factory reset).
    So nobody has ever commented on a call thats been an inbound call, eg they rang you?

I would start by doing a firmware upgrade and a factory reset on the phone / ATA personally, take it from there :)

3. telecomtechnician

Hi there

A complement to the grandstream and PAP2 tests, try this: configure an xlite softphone and register it to your elastix server. Try doing outbound calls and receiving inbound calls from the softphone and check the quality of the call.

Based on this you will have more information on how to solve your problem.

Good luck

David Medina