Other (Custom) Device extension reports busy

This one has me slightly confused. I have several custom extensions that basically call cell phone numbers...

e.g. ext 1514 uses dial command Local/5555551234@outbound-allroutes

Here past few days one of these extensions is always reporting busy. I have tried to delete and re-create the extension but it instantly reports busy. Now this is what throws me off because I went in and created a new custom extension using a new extension number but same dial string with phone number and it instantly went busy as well.

None of the other custom extensions are having this issue. Only the extension with this one specific cell phone number. The phone system will call the cell phone number if you dial the number out from a phone, if I put the physical number in a ring group with # sign at end of number it will call that number as well, but the moment I create a custom extension with that number that extension goes instantly busy.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening now? The phone system cant be blocking that number if i can call it from a phone or thru a ring group.

Bob

reynolwi,

Can you post the part of the Asterisk FULL log that contains the execution dialling the custom extension.

Regards

Bob

I just noticed that 2 of my elastix systems are running 2.4.0 and I know I did not install that version especially on one system that has been running for almost a year. Does updating by yum upgrade the systems to new elastix builds? I thought it stayed within its build versions like 2.2.0 and 2.3.0

The last version I downloaded and installed was 2.3.0 not 2.4.0

Bob

reynolwi,

A YUM upgrade will upgrade to the system to the latest stable version. So if you had 2.3 Elastix and 2.4 stable is released (possibly a few weeks later after stable release so that they have time to complete the scripts for upgrading), then it will upgrade to 2.4.

This is one of the reasons why I fully recommend an image backup before performing a full yum upgrade (as opposed to performing a Yum upgrade on a certain component).

There are some exceptions to this rule where major infrastructure changes are done e.g. when Elastix version 3 comes out I suspect that there will be no upgrade capability as it is a major change, same as it was from Elastix 1.6 going to Elastix 2

Regards

Bob

Ok Bob so is it possible that something changed in the settings to cause this to happen? There were no issues at all with the custom extensions before the upgrade and I guess switch from 2.3.0 to 2.4.0

Bob

reynolwi,

That's the line of thinking.

If you can post the relevant lines of the full log, I have a few 2.3 Elastix Servers that I can compare with.

Regards

Bob

Well I do not know what is going on because now it is working and not going instantly busy. I am baffled at how it is being selective on when it wants to make it busy and when it does not.

If you still want a full log am I just doing asterisk -rvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv or is there another command.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orbit114