OpenVox Free Asterisk Configuration Support

Discussion in 'Gateways' started by OpenVox, Dec 1, 2010.

1. OpenVox

OpenVox has announced to provide free support for asterisk configuration to the open source community. It can surely lower the technical entrance to the open source telephony for the new users.

The software includes the following:
    Asterisk, Askozia, Elastix, FreePBX, PBX in a flash, trixbox

For more info, please visit HERE.

2. Lee Sharp

I do think it is fantastic that your are doing this. However;
    Code:
    What Kind of Info Needed for the Support?
    To access the free support, we will require you to provide the following information to us:

*Name of the Product
    *Serial Number for the Product
    *The Name of the Software and its Version
    *SSH Account and GUI Login Info
    Deal breaker. I need to know what is done to my machines. That way I can fix them or rebuild them. I encourage you to make direct access to the box optional.

3. OpenVox

Dear Lee Sharp,

Thank you for your suggestion! We will think about it and see what we can do to provide the best support to our open source community members.

This level of free support is mainly for those new users who know nothing about the related software and want a fast entrance into it.

We are open to any suggestions that can help us to better support others. We are trying to form it into a best free technical support you can ever have in the open source community and it's just a start now. Thanks again!

Belief Mo
    OpenVox

4. Lee Sharp

Keep in mind that there are people new to Elastix, that are not new to Linux.

That said, I wish you the best of luck in this. More support from more companies is a good thing!

5. OpenVox

Thanks Lee Sharp, We will surely take this into account.

Belief Mo

6. dicko

One suggestion, that I have made before to you Belief, is that you write drivers that are dahdi compliant, submit your patches to Digium, just like Xorcom, Rhino and Sangoma do, the good thing about open source is that then when they are accepted and go mainstream, then you won't have to personally recompile all your drivers all the time on every box you sell into..

(oh, I just remembered, you can't actually do that! oh well, never-mind)

7. OpenVox

Yeah, Thank you Dicko! We have been trying to do it but they will not just let our patches into that. If one way not works, we are trying another one. And thus we are trying to provide more support to our community and hope it can be helpful to them.

Belief Mo
    OpenVox

8. dicko

Bad Digium!

I can't think why they wouldn't :) :) are you sure your patches are all within the rules, after all they wrote it and it is up to you to be compliant in all ways, perhaps you have to try harder to fit within the rules, No?

9. OpenVox

well, they do accept some of our patches for BRI cards. But some other patches were not responsed.But we will try our best to make them work and compliant.

Belief Mo

10. dicko

Then surely you will need to develop firmware that doesn't look way too similar for comfort to another manufacturers firmware.

11. OpenVox

I think it's one way to go. :)

Belief Mo

12. Lee Sharp

A quick suggestion... I have just spent a few days troubleshooting a problem on my box. It was a total oversight on my part, and totally my fault. But, one thing would have made it easier. Could you please submit your PCI IDs here? http://pciids.sourceforge.net/ There is instruction here. http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/mods/?action=help?help=newitem I would actually do it for my one card, but I thought you might want to have a better definition for your company and submit all your cards. It is really quite simple, and makes your card look better in an "lspci" command.

My edited version...
    Code:
    [root@pbx ~]# lspci
    00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ/P/PL Memory Controller Hub (rev 02)
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
    00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family PCI Express Port 1 (rev 01)
    00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family PCI Express Port 2 (rev 01)
    00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 01)
    00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 01)
    00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 01)
    00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 01)
    00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 01)
    00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev e1)
    00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801GB/GR (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface Bridge (rev 01)
    00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) IDE Controller (rev 01)
    00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation N10/ICH7 Family SATA IDE Controller (rev 01)
    00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family SMBus Controller (rev 01)
    01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82557/8/9/0/1 Ethernet Pro 100 (rev 02)
    01:01.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905 100BaseTX [Boomerang]
    02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications L2 Fast Ethernet (rev a0)
    03:00.0 PCI bridge: PLX Technology, Inc. PEX8112 x1 Lane PCI Express-to-PCI Bridge (rev aa)
    04:00.0 Communication controller: OpenVox D115 T1/E1/J1 card (rev 02)

13. OpenVox

Hi Lee Sharp, Thank you for the suggestion! I will check with our technies and have them to follow up with this.

Belief Mo

14. Lee Sharp

Cool. Let me know how it comes out.

15. siptellnet

I just installed the Elastix ver 2.0.3 , clean installation.
    I have the same problem, with a800p card, after did yum -y update , the card disappear.
    I did this wiki.openvox.cn/index.php/OpenVox_A800P_Dahdi_en
    and try this too: downloads.openvox.cn/pub/manuals/eng/Ins...A800P_with_Dahdi.pdf

I installed this 3 packages:

wget downloads.digium.com/pub/asterisk/releas...risk-1.6.2.17.tar.gz wget downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/dahdi...i-linux-2.4.0.tar.gz wget downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/dahdi...i-tools-2.4.0.tar.gz

and copy opvxa1200.c

modprobe dahdi ok
    modprobe opvxa1200

FATAL: Module opvxa1200 not found.

Finally the system crash!!! Thank you !!!

Why so complicated for install it???

Ahh off course is not really compatible with elastix or asterisk!!!

16. fmvillares

Re: Re:OpenVox Free Asterisk Configuration Support

lisa.gao from openvox surely will help you with joy!