OpenVox fix for Audio

Discussion in 'General' started by normanocs, Nov 20, 2007.

1. normanocs

First of all, I want to thank all Elastix staff for your great job, i'm using elastix for the last 5 months ans its fantastic.

And now to th fix. If u are using an OpenVox (or may be a TDM) with FXO and FXS ports I found that if u include in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf

#include zapata_additional.conf
    #include zapata-channels.conf

in this order u have no audio in the FXOs. To fixit u must include then in this order

and ur FXOs will work like a charm.

I must also thanks to ramoncio cause i found this thanks to all his posts.

2. ramoncio

You wellcome.
    There is something wrong with zapata files.
    By default in 0.9 the only config file (besides zaptel.conf) is /etc/zapata.conf.
    What I have done and works for me is:
    1- First remove netjetpci and blacklist it:
    Code:
    # rmmod netjetpci
    # echo "blacklist netjetpci" >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
    # reboot

2- genzaptelconf creates all your channels in zapata_additional.conf, then I edit the file and remove the fxs ports (remember: fxs uses fxo_ks signalling), so I just let the fxo's there, like here, with 4 fxos in channels 5-8:

3- Edit zapata.conf, personalize to your needs and add at the end:

So these 2 files are also included in asterisk zaptel config.

And then, from Elastix web interface I add the zap extensions and trunks. Freepbx stores the extensions in the file zapata_additional.conf, like this:

Anyway, this is how I solved it, but I'd like some administrator or asterisk guru to explain me if this is how it should be done, or where to find updated information or docs to learn abot the matter.
    Everything I've found in the web is quite outdated, old asterisk, zapata and freepbx versions.
    I hope this helps OpenVox users!!!

By the way, beware of dual core processors, as they are unusable with OpenVox products (at least this is what they told me in their forum), at least while they don't release a new module.
    I spent some days recompiling all zaptel and asterisk versions, old and new, in all versions of Elastix, from 0.8.4 to 0.9, to finally find out that there's a problem with opvxa1200 modules if you use a dual core processor. Mine was an AMD 3800+ dual core, and when I changed it to a Pentium D 3,0 GHz, all re-sync problems stopped.
    OpenVox should give this information to potential customers, so they can take a decision having all the relevant information, but I posted about these problems in their forum and they didn't answer for days.
    What am I'm going to do with my server's AMD mainboard and cpu?

3. ramoncio

:)<br><br>Post edited by: ramoncio, at: 2007/11/19 22:57

4. normanocs

I made this post becuase its simplier. Just install 0.9.0 release (it dont work with previous versions) let hardware detection do the job. Add

in this order, and ur done. Yo could configure your zap extensions from FreePBX and all works just fine.

Remember clean install of 0.9.0 release, if U yum update from previous versions hardware detection dont work.

5. ramoncio

Oh, that is great!
    I'll test it in my next clean install.
    I supposed it had to be a better way to do it.
    Thanks