Openfire integration not working in elastix 1.5.2

Discussion in 'General' started by Megabyte, May 30, 2009.

1. Megabyte

Hi i tried many new installation and read many tutorials but it looks like openfire its not working in the last version of elastix, its looks like it cant validated the asterisk server with openfire event you have the plugins installed.

if anybody has a workaround please post it here

2. Bob

Bob

Megabyte,

The issue with Openfire is not Openfire itself, but to do with the Asterisk-IM plugin, which is downloaded dynamically. So it is not part of the Elastix distibution that can be corrected on the ISO.

It is to do with the Asterisk-IM SQL scripts (it installs a range of SQL scripts for all Openfire supported databases), and the HSQLDB script has a bug which fails to create the Asterisk Server when you try to install one in the Asterisk-IM section.

Just be aware, that this HSQLDB bug is only in the creation of the database table. Once created the script is no longer used, so what this means is that many who have upgraded their Elastix system using the yum system, their systems continue to operate and don't have an issue with this bug.

Previously for new setups, it was a minor modification, and away it went. However with fresh new Elastix 1.5.2, I tried this modification again after seeing one of your posts, and even with the quick modification tried many times before, it didn't seem to work - referring to the ability to add a Asterisk-IM Server (but I also had a very heavy workload last week, so I may be wrong). Why would this be occuring? Its possible that an upgraded version of HSQL has been installed as part of the YUM updates and further changes to scripts are required. A long while back, I spent the time to setup Openfire to use the MYSQL database instead, and every install is done that way and never had a problem with Openfire.

You can find the detailed setup at the following URL
    http://www.elastixconnection.com/index. ... &Itemid=80

Now before you go off and try it, just be warned. I have made an assumption that the error you are having is the HSQLDB error. If it is this error, then the tutorial will help you, if you have some other problem, then this is not going to resolve it, other than provide you with a step by step method of getting it running on a 1.5.2 Elastix system. I can tell you that the tutorial has been tested from top to bottom on a 1.5.2 Elastix system (which includes clearing out the config of previous HSQLDB setup).

Hope it helps....

Bob

3. Megabyte

Hi, it works now, thank you that was a great tutorial, very clean, easy an precise.

Thank you for your help, i will increase your karma.

4. Bob

Bob

No problems, thank you for the feedback and the karma, it is appreciated.

When i get a few moments I will look at the HSQLDB option again and see why it is failing.

In the meantime, glad it worked for you.

Now to get the other 10 or so tutorials online that are basically finished...just need time...

Regards
    Bob