One year as community manager of Elastix

Discussion in 'General' started by rafael, Jul 14, 2009.

1. rafael

Dear Community,

I am so happy, because today is one year since I a started working as community manager of Elastix. This job has been amazing and I am so happy to work with people like you. I had worked for years in free software community and I know that conflicts in forums, mailing lists and IRC chats are very frequent. Here not, in this whole year there is been less than 3 conflicts.

You are great people and we are creating a great community. I am so happy to work with you guys :D

Best Regards,

Rafael

2. dicko

And I with you Rafael.

(sorry for spoiling your "conflict stats" :( :( mea culpa)

3. rafael

From your 886 posts (when I wrote this post) there has been only one conflict with you involve. Well it may take around 3 posts from you, but you are 99% supporting the community. Thank a lot, people like you make my job a lot easier :D

Regards,

Rafael

4. mattrh

thank you Rafael for all the help and support! great job!!!!!

5. Patrick_elx

happy anniversary then...

thanks for the time you spending for all of us.

6. Bob

Bob

Rafael,

Congratulations!!!

Your post made me think back to when you started, and to be fair, we have seen a large number of changes to the elastix community and communications either implemented by you, or through you, and it has all been for the better.

A happy community that understands the product direction, is going to have less conflicts, and combine it with a product that is delivering and becoming more popular every day, can only mean good things for Elastix.

Regards

Bob

7. rafael

@mattrh & @Patrick_elx

Thanks a lot guys your comments are really appreciated :)

@Bob,

You where the first one that make me understund what my job is all about: Listening (well reading ;) ). There is a lot of people in this community a lot of great ideas and we have to coordinate all this efforts in a great piece of software and a great community.

BTW. as you did one year ago, we can start a new thread with suggestion on how to improve this community.

Best regards,

Rafael

8. haamed

Congratulations Rafael,
    now i can understand why you said "I love Elastix community", because i have the same sense about forum.VoIP-IRAN now,:)

I wish you, more success,:kiss:

9. saleh

Congratulations Rafael,

Thanks for all positive changes you made to the elastix community, I want to take this opportunity to thanks all community members who spend there time to supporting the community.

Best regards,

Saleh

10. raj

raj

Congratulations Rafael Sir, and thank you very much for your support, im nearing the launch of my first ever Elastix Server, it could not have been possible without the support of you guys, once im ready, and gain some expertise in Elastix, im willing to give back to community.
    Please let me know if i can be of any help for Elastix and for Elastix Community. also if i could be of in help for Elastix in India and in Kuwait. soon we are planning for partnering with Palosanto for Elastix Appliances, hope things will as planned.

Thank you.