One stop account creation?

Discussion in 'General' started by mlewis, Jul 14, 2009.

1. mlewis

Is there a tool which would allow me to create everything in one shot? For example, rather than having to create users in Users, then extensions, and so on, is there a way of doing all of this in one step, perhaps even a script which could be run from cli?

Thanks.

Mike

2. ronaldlw

i second the question, that would be very helpful.
    Ron

3. mlewis

For informational purposes, the reason I'd like this is so that I can then tie that into something else, such as a CMS for example, so that I can try to automate account creations, deletions, etc.

Those maintaining the services once they are up have no idea how to use cli commands and even freepbx might be a bit overkill for them. This would help me to create some sort of interface that has all in one commands that any support help can use.

Mike

4. rafael

The batch extension module is the closest you have at the moment. It would only create sip accounts at the moment.

regards,

rafael

5. mlewis

Ok, how about this, can this and the dashboard account be done by script?

In our case, to keep things simpler, we tend to give out a crazy complicated password but it's for both their SIP auth and for their dashboard access. Of course, the name is different on both.

If I had a cli commands to do these things with, I might be able to put together some sort of script/cron job or even an external mysql setup where users can enter the info into a form, which gets processed at the command line every 5 minutes or such.

Mike

6. mlewis

Where are the developers? Is there a better place to ask the types of questions I've been asking for weeks?

I have yet to find an answer on how to directly pull up calls, faxes for example, while not requiring the dashboard, let alone this question.

Mike