one Phone aastra 6755i and two phone numbers?

Discussion in 'General' started by dturell, Nov 8, 2009.

1. dturell

I have one aastra 6755i and I have two phone numbers. How do I config to have both numbers working?
    I am running Elastix 1.5.2-2.3 Any help would be great.

2. strongbow242

This is basic stuff. Have you read Elastix Without Tears? I highly suggest that you do.

Phone numbers (DID) and phones are apples and oranges. Each DID can be configured to terminate in the same physical telephone device by the use of Inbound Routes. First, are both of the DIDs from the same VSP on the same trunk? I=f so there may be some special parameters they require you to implement. Check with your VSP. Second, if the DIDs are from DIFFERENT providers then configure your trunks and inbound routes. Each inbound route should terminate with the same extension.

3. dicko

I believe your phone can register up to 9 extensions with various servers, it has 6 buttons that are programmable and a web interface for doing that programming, if you are using tftp it extar options can be added to the <mac>.cfg file, aastra has complete documentation on their web site.

4. dturell

I have read EWT. They are from the same VSP and on the same trunk.

5. dicko

A trunk is a trunk, DID's come in on trunks, some trunks are anonymous and don't have did's presented on them, this is covered elsewhere, an inbound route (perhaps what you mean by "trunk" ) in effect represents a DID and can be sent to any endpoint you care to send it to, one type of endpoint is an extension, any did can be directed to any endpoint, The Aastra phones can register up to 9 extensions (and a few other types of endpoint also), on any of up to nine servers. you can have two extensions or more on the same server registered on the same phone, As stated the Aastra documentation plus "Elastix Without Tears" will make it all come clear I hope.

6. dturell

dicko,

I looked in my endpoint config and there is nothing there when i do a scan. Is that normal?

7. dicko

No, it's not. If you choose the network in which your phones are in (by default it will show your "localnet" it will use nmap to identify mac addresses on that network, any mac address where the first 24 bits (6 hex digits) match a known manufacturer to Elastix will show , if the phones aren't on or in that network then you won't see them. The endpoint manager will only do a basic setup, (and you need your Elastix DHCP server to be the ONLY one on your network), you will need to customize your Aastra phone for more than one extension, either by their built in http server or some other method as described in the Aastra documentation.

8. dturell

okay! when I do a scan in endpoint nothing comes up? how do I fix this?

9. dicko

I can't answer that directly, as I say it uses nmap, nmap is a linux utility that searches a network for any hosts that are there, if the host that runs it is on the same network (without any firewall between) it WILL find them, have you reset your phone to the default condition?

from bash try

nmap -vv 192.168.x.0/24 (or whatever your network is) ANY hosts should be discovered (then look for the Aastra phone, and point your web browser at that ip address and go from there.)

I assume you have setup your DHCP server as per EWT and your phones are actually on that network.