Officially retiring my Trixbox CE

pucky900

After having the ARI in TB break... fixing it... then having break again along with a whole host of other problems, finally decided to make a concerted effort to get an Elastix system up. After spending about 2 weeks making sure everything is correct along with understanding the new features of v2, I have officially turned off my TBCE. We are a small manufacturer with 5 Polycom phones, 1 Aastra and a couple of softphones and everything has gone smoother than I anticipated. Hats off to the guys at Elastix and to dicko for his help. Thanks.

danardf

Hi.

Lots of guys like you and me have began with TrixBox. It's a good start.
I discovered Elastix two or three years ago, and now... I'm still there. :)

Regards

pucky900

I discovered Elastix about 2 years ago but already had a TB system up and running and couldn't mirror some of the functions on Elastix that everyone loved. After these 2 years... know more about it, kept at it on top of continually being disappointed with the direction Fonality has taken CE. Plus the community here is so much better.

danardf

I agree with you.

But I do not spit on TB. They gave me a good approach on Asterisk.
It's true, it's a bad way since the 2.4!

osalmon

I retired my Trixbox recently as well. was good while it lasted, Now I use Elastix all the way!

akldjian

Well, you guys see my signature, need I say more? lol =0)

Andrey

pucky900

I definitely saw your signature which is why I had to laugh too.

Never tried AsterixNOW but briefly played with PIAF. I after installing I couldn't get my phones to see the tftpboot directory no matter what I did. If I was having this kind of problem at the beginning.... what was down the road. If I have time I may take a look again but since my Elastix is working so well, it may not happen. Don't need another reason to lose my hair.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manuelc