nvfax e Asterisk 1.6

Discussion in 'General' started by mtd72, Aug 6, 2010.

1. mtd72

Hi,
    Anyone know a solution about nvfax detect on elastix 2.0 ? (asterisk 1.6)
    where i can found more info about ?

Thank for reading

Erik

2. zonak

I thought I bump this up again. I have the same problem.

Had to reinstall server after a hard drive failure and thought why not go with Elastix 2.0 and Asterisk 1.6 but it seems that NVFax is something no one did yet or at least hasn't shared.

I already did all the setup and fax detection is the only missing component so I hate to go back just because of this.

I searched around but no one seems to have Asterisk 1.6 / 64-bit compatible modules made available even thought the licensing is not an issue anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    zonak

3. DaveD

I have had some issues with NVFax and asterisk 1.6 ,it has been hit and miss with faxes

I went to Digium and got the Digium fax which is T.38, this is free for 1 channel

I followed the directions from Digium for installing and enabled T.38 in Elastix and selected sip as the detection method

This has not missed a beat with both and and out faxes working over sip

4. zonak

I too have abandoned the NVFax option. Couldn't find any binaries that are 64 bit and compatible with Asterisk 1.6 and I don't want to recompile everything.

While I was trying everything I could do to resolve the fax issue, one of my tests showed that my SIP provider did have T.38 support.

From this point on I just went with the built-in Sip Fax detection type which wasn't available in Elastix 1.6.x (due to the lack of support in Asterisk 1.4) but didn't install anything additional. I read about the Digium driver but was hesitant to try it because I liked how everything worked with HylaFAX and Elastix before. This option is working great so far, haven't had any issues and if it stays that way I would be able to recommend it.

I guess in this case the biggest obstacle would be the support from the SIP provider everything else just works out of the box - no additional components installed whatsoever.