number of rings to answer call

bono056

hi
is there any parameter which tells asterisx when answer callers? i mean after how many rings or second?

tak.cassidy

Hi,

Not sure what you mean exactly, if you mean how long phone will ring before voicemail kicks in.

Then that is through web interface to PBX > PBX CONFIGURATION > EXTENTION > RING TIME

If that is not what you mean you'll need to clarify.

Hope that helped.

Tony

bono056

no, i mean befor that, caller from outside calls my callcenter, first asterisk answer call, then redirect it to an extension, i mean number of rings or seconds before answer the call in first place.

tak.cassidy

Ahh Ok,

My understanding is that the function Answer() has asterisk answer the call, asterisk will be simulating a ringing tone to the caller while it routes the call and it is anwsered by the ext or whatever else you want it to do.

Answer([delay]) would delay the answer my the number of miliseconds specified. Note that it is miliseconds so a 5 second delay would be 5000.

Tony

bono056

Thank you you tak, i use inbound route (any DID) in elastix to redirect calls, so do you know where i should set this config?

tak.cassidy

Hi,

you don't really want to mess about with editing the config files manually.

So I would look at the web interface. PBX > PBX CONFIGURATION > INBOUND ROUTES > PAUSE BEFORE ANSWER

Tony

dicko

Be aware that Asterisk will normally answer the call immediately, then if it is an analog trunk and you have caller ID, it might need to wait for the second ring before which the CID is sent and then further process it, (there are other methods of sending CID, but most need a delay ). Further if you have Fax detection enabled it willthen wait some few seconds, the setting tak talks of, to allow the system to detect the "fax tones" it will then process the call and start ringing things. So realistically probably the caller will experience a deay of up to eight seconds before they get attended to.

dicko

dicko

Be aware that Asterisk will normally answer the call immediately, then if it is an analog trunk and you have caller ID, it might need to wait for the second ring before which the CID is sent and then further process it, (there are other methods of sending CID, but most need a delay ). Further if you have Fax detection enabled it willthen wait some few seconds, the setting tak talks of, to allow the system to detect the "fax tones" it will then process the call and start ringing things. So realistically probably the caller will experience a deay of up to eight seconds before they get attended to.

dicko

dicko

dicko

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr