Nothing happens

Discussion in 'General' started by Noel, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Noel

I am very new to elastix, however have been busy trying out different PBX systems of late.
    I have a Patton SmartNode configured for with 2 FXO ports and had a 3CX system set up on Windoze with a variety of linksys, Patton and soft phone extensions.
    Next I set up trixbox and had the same gear running through that + a connection to an ITSP.
    I mostly hail from Windoze, but used to spend a bit of time with Red Hat and Sendmail many moons ago.

Now I am attempting to set up elastix as it's feature set looks very good, well it could be if I could get it to do anything.

The whole thing is dead - from a telephony perspective.
    I have a pretty user interface.
    I can set up all of my extensions and trunks, set my inbound and out bound routes
    I can't get any phones to register, hard or soft.
    If I pick up a phone and dial it dials then reads disconnected.

Running Ethereal during this time produces no traffic to or from elastix.

Initially the elastix server would not resolve DNS, however that is now corrected by running 'setup' and inserting the name server (which was already showing in elastix anyway) that enabled me to ping members of my network by name, so I know the elastix box can see everything now and I can ping the elastix box from everywhere.

I have tried running asterisk -rvvvvv, which is all well and good, but it appears that there is nothing much to log.

Again using Ethereal, I can see the Patton box trying to register with elastix and getting 404 errors. Traffic however is very sparse, as opposed to trixbox, where there was a fair bit of traffic generated, ARP and DNS calls and the like, together with registration request etc.

I have followed elastix without tears to get to a point where it is usable, but that hasn't helped.
    Now all I need is elastix with hair.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. rafael

There is a bug in the latest Elastix release. Just delete the following files:

/etc/asterisk/sip.conf
    /etc/asterisk/iax.conf

In the Elastix interfase go to Freepbx and make a small change so you can get the "Apply Configuration Changes Here" bar. Click on the bar and you should have new sip.conf and iax.conf files. That should solve the problem. This thread may help you:
    http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... 08&catid=1
    Best Regards,

rafael

3. Noel

Ok, tried that, then a new install and tried it again. Still no cigar.
    Any other ideas please?

4. rafael

5. Noel

It would appear that altering network settings can be a bit fickle. I re-reset the default gateway and dns sever addresses and rebooted again and viola, we have great success.
    Now just one more quick question please if I may.
    I have had a look around on the web, but can't find an answer to this.
    Under ring groups, there is a field "Ring time (max 60 sec)"
    Say I have a hunt group, is this "Ring time" field the total max time the call will ring for, or the max time per extension please?

6. DaveD

Say I have a hunt group, is this "Ring time" field the total max time the call will ring for, or the max time per extension please?

From memory it will be the max time for that ring group