Nota a la comunidad Elastix

Hi there. If elastix decided to make this turn (partner with 3CX), it is their decision. But in my opinion, it is not correct. They could have kept elastix based on asterisk for free and a payed business edition. Elastix grew up a lot being GPL software. At the end of the day, they did the same as many companies (money driven).

AJP

Staff member
Hi there. If elastix decided to make this turn (partner with 3CX), it is their decision. But in my opinion, it is not correct. They could have kept elastix based on asterisk for free and a payed business edition. Elastix grew up a lot being GPL software. At the end of the day, they did the same as many companies (money driven).
Hi,

Please check the FAQ of this topic in the blog: http://www.elastix.org/blog/

Can i continue to run Elastix 2.5?
Yes, you can. Elastix 2.5 can be downloaded from Sourceforge and the updates continue to be applied from repo.elastix.org and mirror.elastix.org. These servers have now been transitioned as well (they were offline in the last 3 days). Please note that Elastix 2.5 is very old and includes EOL (End of Life) components. Security-wise it’s definitely not best practice to run such old software. At minimum ensure its running in the LAN and completely secured from the internet.

What about Elastix 4?
You can use Elastix 4 as long as you want, although we no longer distribute the ISO or source code of it, because of an accusation by Sangoma / FreePBX of alleged GPL infringement . We can not comment on whether this is a valid claim or not, Palosanto denies this, but we have just decided to focus our efforts on Elastix 5, rather than involve ourselves in a legal battle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orbit114