not all extension labels are displayed

Discussion in 'General' started by zaritronic, Jun 10, 2009.

1. zaritronic

Out of 12 extensions, I get only 2 whose labels are displayed, sometimes only 1.
    All extensions have their "Display Name" field with something in it.
    What did I do wrong?

Aron

2. zaritronic

I would appreciate at least some indications about how I should approach debugging this problem. Thanks.
    Aron

3. telecomtechnician

Hi there, what is the total of extensions created in the elastix server?, by default you can only see a maximum of 50 extensions, about 8 trunks, 8 conferences and some other items in the FOP. If you modify some files you can have over 100 or more extensions displayed. But to achieve this, you have to get your hands dirty and touch some files, make mistakes and finally learn. Want to go there?

Waiting for your comments

David

4. dicko

First off, I would suggest you try the un-embedded version of FOP at https://<ipaddress>/panel

I have noticed similar "artifacts" in the embedded version.

5. zaritronic

Dicko,

Thanks. Indeed the un-embedded version shows all extension names.
    Now the only issue left (which I do not know if it is an issue or just normal behaviour) is that periodically it flashes. A bit unnoying even though the white page lasts just the fraction of a second.

aron

6. dicko

FOP is basically a "movie" you are watching over tcp port 4445 (by default) It connects to the asterisk process over tcp port 5038 so any discontinuity in playback is likely a network issue (assuming your machine is adequately sized), especially if you are viewing from outside your LAN.

7. zaritronic

It happens on an Asterisk server with a 2.2GHz CPU + 1GB mem handling zero conversations, over a 1Gb LAN with scarce traffic (1% of bandwith)

8. dicko

Be that as it may, I maintain that it is still probably a network issue, or possibly a client browser issue. Just not an obvious one, and probably not a bandwidth one. tcpdump might help.

9. asternic

Hello,

The problem is how flash renders the movie and how it interprets the font size in relation to the button size. On some browsers/platforms it works fine, and in some others it does not work well. Maybe you see the problem with Internet Explorer but not with Firefox, etc..

There are a couple of things to touch in order to fix the issue:

1) Look into op_style.cfg for the parameters label_extent_x and label_extent_y, increase their values... for example label_extent_x=50 and label_extent_y=20. After that restart fop.

2) The flash movie has a window parameter that can be set in the html page that loads the movie, I believe that the default install uses "ExactFit". That option is more prone to incorrect text calculations because it changes the geometry of the movie so it fits your browser window, that it is totally different in size depending on your monitor or window size... sometimes changing Exactfit to ShowAll fixes the problem, but it will also reduce the size of the panel as it wont fill the screen as it will preserve the aspect ratio.

How do I know all these things? Because I wrote FOP.... If you have any questions like this, you can always search for the mailing list archives on http://www.asternic.org because this issue and some other common issues are covered there.

Best regards,

--
    Nicolás

10. dicko

Nicolás:

An excellent treatise (I include your other posts), my compliments.
    I am a great admirer of your work, I use many panels per server and abhor the "lowest common denominator" that most folks think is FOP, I look forward to making FOP2 work for me (there's another 40 bucks (times n) for you, when achieved)

regards

dicko