No Web GUI access after Installation

Discussion in 'General' started by wrf911, May 1, 2010.

1. wrf911

Hi,

I just finished a default installation from CD of Elastic 1.6. I cannot access the web gui via either HTTP or HTTPS. I have tried both explorer and firefox - same problem - it times out. A few facts:

- I can access the machine at the console or vis SSH on the network. I can log in as root.
    - When I login, I get the message about accessing the web gui via http://<IP Address>

I have reinstalled a couple of times now, with the same problems.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Wayne

2. wrf911

Solved my own problem! Very odd, but here's what I did.

In a desperate move, I switched CD Drives, reinstalled and everything seems to be working. The installation dialog using the original CD pestered me for all sorts of things; loading drivers, network parameters, etc. Using the new CD (actually a very old one), there was no pestering and the installation proceeded with minimal dialog. And now it WORKS.

I hate it when a random act such as this clears up a problem, but I'll take it! If anybody has a clue as to what is/was going on, I would appreciate a note.

3. dicko

Elastix 1.6 unfortunately omits many drivers needed to talk to "newer" cdrom hardware including sata and usbstorage in it's syslinux implementation, so once the cd is mounted it can't see itself. It is sometimes possible to jiggle with the BIOS to have the cdrom presented in a more traditional fashion, but that is hardware dependent. Going back to a good old fashioned ide interface usually works, expect Elastix 2.0 to fix these omissions.

dicko