No Sip No Dahdi No Zap

sjmtx

I updated my elastix install to all the latest updates. Everything that was available is now updated. No when I go to asterisk cli and do sip show channels, it says 'no such command'. And I cannot do Dahdi show channel or zap show channel either. Hardware is configured and dahdi_cfg -vvv shows all the channels. Did I messed something up?

Also, I brought the trixbox backup over to elastix and restored it. But my phones won't register. netstat doesn't have anything for sip, so maybe that's the problem. Please let me know which config or what else should I play with to get this thing working. Thanks everyone.

sjmtx

Here is some lines form asterisk log, I grepped chan_sip:
[Jun 15 16:29:42] VERBOSE[2740] logger.c: chan_sip.so => (Session Initiation Protocol (SIP))
[Jun 16 08:25:09] VERBOSE[2742] logger.c: chan_sip.so => (Session Initiation Protocol (SIP))

It seems it was working this morning until I upgraded everything. Is there any way to make it work without reinstalling everything?

jgutierrez

Well, what version of Elastix you had before the upgrade? I f ou go to unembedded freepbx, do you have any error/warning messages?

sjmtx

I initially installed from Elastix 1.5.2 x86_64 iso. Then i did a yum update. And I also updated everything from the unembedded freepbx.

Error/warning messages on unembedded freepbx are as follows:

The following commands failed with the listed error
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin listonline (255)
Added 21 weeks, 22 hours, 35 minutes ago
(cron_manager.EXECFAIL)

No email address for online update checks.

jgutierrez

From the shell, execute the following command and paste the result:
uname -a
Also paste the info from /etc/grub.conf

sjmtx

Never mind. I reinstalled everything. Everything is working now. Must have been the trixbox restore that broke it. Thanks.

Bob

I can almost guarantee that the Trixbox restore would break the Elastix system.

Along with the difference in Dahdi, and many other changes, it is impossible to restore your Tribox Freepbx backup to Elastix. The only way to migrate is manually. I mentioned many months ago, it is possible to do a restore and fix the issues on extremely large installs (which is the only ones worth doing that way at the time), but even that information is now out of date.

Every migration we do now, is the manual method.

There is a nice product called CaptureWizPro, which is brillant at quick capturing of screens, including the ability to capture very long HTML pages (it scrolls the page and captures it), and doesn't require you to put a name to every page and save it. (I also use it regularly for step by Step manuals with pictures). At $30US, it doesn't break the bank, but they also have a 30 day full eval if you really can't afford the $30.

Another method we use is to have a virtual Machine setup before hand (any virtual product that can load a Elastix ISO and run it, can be used). And slowly (at your leisure) duplicate their config (again manually) onto this Virtual Elastix system (which should be the same version as the one you are going to install). Once you have completed your config, save and make a backup. Build your Elastix system onsite, restore the backup, a few minor tweaks and tests. In general, the time required onsite is 1-2 hours and the migration is complete.

Regards

Bob

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti