No outbound calls, no voice on inbound

knotworking

I'm really having problems with finalizing my install. I have a TDM400P with 1FXO/1FXS. I have configured everything as directed (created a trunk, extension, and defined inbound/outbound routes), but I cannot get an outside line from my extension and cannot send or receive sound on an inbound call.

So, what is working: I can call in from an outside number, get the IVR, and dial my extension (which rings, and I am able to answer).I can access the Info Services tests and other codes from my extension.

BUT I cannot hear any sound from either side of the inbound call, and I can never dial out (I always get the "your call cannot be completed as dialed" message). I've tried every different dial pattern I can think of. When I do a 7777 test, I get a message that the number is not in service

BTW- I am using a vonage modem. I had everything working on a trixbox install, but I do not like the direction they have taken, so I switched.

Any help is greatly appreciated!<br><br>Post edited by: knotworking, at: 2008/01/13 01:31

DaveD

BUT I cannot hear any sound from either side of the inbound call, and I can never dial out (I always get the "your call cannot be completed as dialed" message). I've tried every different dial pattern I can think of. When I do a 7777 test, I get a message that the number is not in service

You need to leave Echo training setting blank on your extension or it will give you one way audio

For dialing out it sounds like a dial patten problem, if you put the whole number in you are dialing into outbound does it dial

knotworking

DaveD, Thanks! You've got me going, it was indeed the echotraining that was causing the problem. Would I have ever figured that out on my own...probably not!

I then put the following dial patterns into the outbound route:
NXXNXXXXXX
NXXXXXX

and added the following dial rule to my trunk:
NXXNXXXXXX
941+NXXXXXX

AND IT WORKED! Much obliged!!

Now the only problem is the sound quality, it sounds like I'm talking to someone in a box (my wife described it as sounding like a speaker phone). Is there a tutorial you know of that deals with tweaking my sound quality?

knotworking

DaveD, Thanks! You've got me going, it was indeed the echotraining that was causing the problem. Would I have ever figured that out on my own...probably not! Here's some karma points for you.

I then put the following dial patterns into the outbound route:
NXXNXXXXXX
NXXXXXX

and added the following dial rule to my trunk:
NXXNXXXXXX
941+NXXXXXX

AND IT WORKED! Much obliged!!

Now the only problem is the sound quality, it sounds like I'm talking to someone in a box (my wife described it as sounding like a speaker phone). Is there a tutorial you know of that deals with tweaking my sound quality?<br><br>Post edited by: knotworking, at: 2008/01/13 06:09

DaveD

Lol Thanks for Karma glad it got you going

To the audio quality I have no issues
When you say bad quality it could be the phone you have connected to the fxs port ,try a different phone if possible

I use both FXS and snom ip phones and never have quality issues unless its the Visp with problems

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehdii_igi