no GUI on new 2.01 install

Discussion in 'General' started by tbooth, Aug 12, 2010.

1. tbooth

Just did a clean install of elastix 2.01, I set up a static ip and have tried dhcp but cannot access the GUI. I can ping it and connect via ssh with no problems.

Any Ideas?

2. donhwyo

Try
    Code:
    service httpd restart
    Don

3. tbooth

No dice, gonna to reload from scratch..something went wrong.

4. tbooth

just reinstalled, same deal no gui...will d/l another copy and try again..maybe a bad d/l

__________________________________________________________________________________________
    CAN ANYONE THING OF THINGS I CAN CHECK BEFORE DOWNLOADING THE ISO AGAIN?

5. dicko

Yes, Check the MD5SUM of the iso, if it agrees (md5sum image.iso from bash) , then there is no point in further downlaods and perhaps a bug report would be quicker

6. tbooth

The disk is good but I think I figured it out. I'm using a usb-cdrom to do the install and I'm getting the kickstart error and I'm pressing cancel to continue the install anyway. I read somewhere that the install will continue but not be correct. Maybe this is the problem. I will reload tomorrow with an IDE cdroom and see what happens.

7. dicko

tbooth:

IMHO, whether your work-around ultimately works or not, a bug report would still be appropriate, please be explicit as to hardware and version you have if you so care to file one.

I was lead to believe that Palosanto thought they had sorted all those firstboot and kickstart problems out in the "2.0 stable" release, and had absolutely nailed everything in the updated "2.0.1 really stable " release. (maybe we should wait for the 2.0.2 stable, really, honestly! release :) )

regards

dicko

8. tbooth

I loaded up correctly with the IDE CDROM. I will gather info for a bug report.

9. rafael

hi tbooth,

please share the bug number that you report here.

Best regards,

Rafael