No audio with Nokia E71

Discussion in 'General' started by maragani, May 25, 2010.

1. maragani

I have configure sip client with WiFi on Nokia E71. SIP client got regesitered sccuessfully, i am able to make and receive the calls but there is only one way audio on both calls (i.e., no voice on E71).

Below is the configuration of sip client which i have configure in E71.
    Anyone can give me so hints & tips,Many thanks in advance.

2. fraggle4

If you are just using the phone with your WLAN, change all the external IP references to the internal IP of your elastix server in Proxy Server and Registrar Server. And User is 1234@192.168.x.x or whatever. That works for me.

3. maragani

Thank you for you quick reply. I have done the same as you said even though there is no voice on E71 sip cliet.

4. fraggle4

Well your phone settings look OK. I was assuming your wifi and elastix were on the same subnet; if they are not that might be the problem.
    Try pinging your phone from elastix, thst will at least show basic connectivity.

5. maragani

WiFi and Elastix are on same subnet,i am able to ping the phone from elastix even then i am not getting the audio on phone.

6. fraggle4

7. Patrick_elx

8. maragani

Hi Fraggel4 & Patrick_elx,
    I had tried it out even though the issue is same.

9. Patrick_elx

On my N95 I've noticed many times that some of the changes that you do in the phone SIP setup will only be applied after a reboot of the phone.

I tried for hours to understand why my phone had issues to work with my pbx, until I've started wireshark and found that the Nokia was still sending account/login/IP that were changed hours before.

Make sure that you reboot it after each change. And I concur that in your LAN you should use the LAN IP of your pbx, not the public IP (can register, but will have RTP trouble)

10. andyshawn

Have you tried setting "canreinvite=no". I had a similar problem once and the problem was that canreinvite was set to yes.