No audio when forwarding call to mobile

Discussion in 'General' started by paulvzyl, Oct 8, 2009.

1. paulvzyl

Hi,

I have created a ring group that contains my mobile number followed by a #. I use this to call me on my mobile when my extension is not available.

It works like a charm when someone phones in on the POTS or when someone calls my extension from their VOIP phone. The system will then call my mobile using the VOIP trunking and everything works.

The problem is when someone phone in on the VOIP line, the call to my mobile still get placed but once I answer there is no audio. We are suppose to be able to make 2 simultanious calls on the VOIP line and at the moment I have 2 VOIP trunks from different providers. Even when I call in on the one trunk and the system phone's my mobile on the other trunk I still get no audio.

I thought that I might need more than 1 G729 codec license so I bought and installed another one but it didn't solve the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please let me know if I should post any logs and how I should acquire them.

Kind regards,
    Paul van Zyl

2. dicko

Just a thought, land-lines use g711 but cell phones use gsm, (g729 is a voip thing) voip can do both but if the VSP has a peering arangement with cell carier, and . . .
    Try enabling gsm in your codecs.

3. paulvzyl

Gsm is enabled and it works when phoned from an extension or from the POTS line, just not when someone phones in on the VOIP line.

4. dicko

Then by the same reasoning (peering screw up, out of our control), specifically DISABLE gsm, and force your vsp to transcode for you

5. paulvzyl

g729 is now the only enabled codec. Still works for POTS and the internal extensions but not when phoning in on the VOIP line.

6. dicko

and only g711 (the granddaddy of all)?

7. paulvzyl

That is alaw right? Just tried alaw in any case as my service provider supports only g729, alaw and gsm. Still the same results.

8. dicko

Pretty much,
    g711a=alaw, g711u=ulaw.

Diagnostically,

I would turn on rtp debugging to see if you are getting anything from the vsp, and wireshark/tcpdump to see if the the rtp packets contain data or nothing.

Then I would try another vsp.

9. paulvzyl

Just spend some time with my service provider on the phone. He couldn't fix the problem, but did find a work around. When I add an announcement to the system and then transfer the call to the mobile phone everything works fine.

I was planning on recording an announcement anyway so... problem solved :)