Newbie's Questions

Discussion in 'General' started by gpetrom, Aug 7, 2009.

1. gpetrom

Hi

I have recently installed elastix and i am very impressed.
    I have although some questions that i want to ask
    I am using Elastix 1.5.2.2 with Grandstream 4104 gateway and one snom 360 and two Grandstream gxp2000.
    First question
    How Elastix handles busy detection, for example if i have a phone that supports more that one call how can i configure elastix to send second call and be able to pickup the call?
    If i have a ring group do i have to configure something else?
    Second question
    I am trying to configure endpoint manager and i can t understand how it works. I have tried to configure my phones and nothing happened. Something else what if i want to configure something else except the basic settings for connecting the phone to elastix. For example timezone, tone, intercom etc. I have red that i have to find some templates for the phones and there i should make the changes i want, if i am right where i can find those files

Thanks in advanced and sorry if my english are bad

2. Megabyte

Hi, for the problem of recive two calls you just need to enable callwaiting in the extension you want, you can do that in the gui, go to PBX tab and go into the extension you want to enable callwaiting.

For the endpoint manager you need to do a network scan an later choose the extension you want to assing to that ip phone, next you have to Push "set" if you already did that and you need more parameters, you can create an script, or get some template of the phone or you will need to fill up some parameter manually.

3. gpetrom

Hi and thanks for the reply

About the busy detection thanks it worked

Endpoint manager did not worked i have also reset the phone to factory defaults then i have unset and set again the extension nothing happened. I have tested with snom 360, i have also set in the phone Subscribe Config: and pnp config to on in the update settings and steel phone is not updating.
    About extra settings you said that i have to make templates on my own but where should i put them How can i find where is the default tftp folder

4. Megabyte

there you have the files "/tftpboot"

5. rafael

The templates that generate the configuration files located at /tftpboot are located at:
    /var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configuration/libs/vendors

At the moment not all vendors are supported.

Regards,

Rafael

6. gpetrom

Hi

Ok in that directory i can t see anything about snom and grandstream phones.So i have to assume that this is the reason that i can t configure the phones?

Thanks