New to Elastix fax help

arrow1

I have to admit that I am new to Elastix ale Linux. Our PBX is Elastix ( Asterisk 1.2.23) that is kind of old however it works. I has been working for a long time and All what we needed it performed until now .... FAXes.

Here is how it is connected:

AT&T T1 VOICE => SangomaA101(Elastix)=>Linksys PAP2 unlocked=>Xerox machine with fax.

Fax number is forwarded on Elastix and goes to extension that is Xerox machine.

We have noticed since some time that we cannot receive and send some faxes. It does not happened to all of them - only some. I would say more inbound faxes than outbound. It was not like that a couple moths ago - all faxes went through inbound ,outbound worked like a charm.

A will appreciate any hints to resolve that problem.

Thank You very much.

John

arrow1

I have found somewhere that RTP pocket size should be set to 0.010 if using faxes

As I see that is set to 0.030 is that could be the issue?

Thank You

arrow1

anyone?

Lee Sharp

It worked, and then it did not work. So something changed. The first thing that comes to mind is extra traffic on the network.

Fixes would include upgrading your network, or setting the baud rate on your fax to very slow. Or both.

arrow1

Thank You Lee,

I have exactly one fax number at this time and whatever tricks did not help. This is a GAS provider so I berly believe that have something wrong with their fax system.

I was able to send fax using Avantfax. Using PAP2-NA did not help, lowering ta baund rate to VOIP - 9600 did not help also.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manuelc