New Phonebook Directory Issues

Discussion in 'General' started by parker b, Dec 2, 2010.

1. parker b

Since the old directory is being deprecated I am using the new one in elastix 2.0 - I have a couple of problems:

1. You cannot search by first AND last name anymore like the old directory, is that possible? The choice to enable that is gone from the general settings (deprecated I assume)
    2. Once in the directory there is no way out except to press # to hang up and call again - callers get stuck

It seems like we lost features due to the switch... any suggestions please?

Thank you, Parker

2. parker b

I hate bumping my own thread but I'm hoping someone has a suggestion on this one. I'd love to have a first/last name directory back in 2.0 (is first name only now) - and a way to escape the directory with a key press if possible.

Note: I guess it is the 'phonebook' I'm speaking of, not the old 'directory' system.

3. tcampbell

I seem to be having the same issue. Callers can reach the phonebook and they are able to look users up by first name but not by last name. I have verified that lookup by first and last name is enabled but it still does not work. Any ideas?

4. parker b

2 Things now:

1. Directory only searches by first name
    2. You can record their name in the system but it still reads the number and not the recorded name

Previously we could bypass the auto attendant reading the characters of the name and play instead the recording of their name

Anyone out there have any answers or suggestions???

5. enzop

Hi, is there any update on this issue?

Best regards...

6. jgutierrez

Try the new version:
    yum update elastix*