New location/PBX thinks it is at old location

coryjsanders

I just moved my box to a new location. Old location was a dynamic public IP from cox.net residential with a simple DLINK router. New locaiton is a static public IP from cox.com business with a Bountiful router. 5060 and 10K-20K are UDP and open and forwarded to the private IP of the PBX. I am not able to call into the PBX now. I can call out, but there is no audio. My SIP provider says in the negotiation on the outbound call, the PBX is telling them to send the audio back to the original cox.net IP address (which is different than the IP address of the DLINK router). They are getting a reject on the incoming call from the PBX. They say the PBX still thinks it is on the old network. Is there some way that the PBX is bound to that old IP for the audio? I haven't set the public IP of the Bountiful (or the DLINK) anywhere in the PBX. Only have set in Networking the Host name, the gateway(=private address of router), primary DNS (=gateway), secondary DNS (=primary DNS of cox.com)
Thanks.

dicko

check your sip nat settings

rollinsolo

rollinsolo

Also I dont care for router dns or cox, google is known for its uptime and how stable they are, I use theirs which is 8.8.8.8, and 8.8.4.4, I am sure they are better than most providers about uptime.

coryjsanders

Thanks rollinsolo and dicko. It was right there in mysip_nat.conf file. Old IP. Changed to new and it mysteriously worked. I was convinced I had a DNS issue. The administrator has the router named bountiful.ippbx.<mydomainhostedat1&1>.com . I get this as my connection-specific DNS suffix when I do an IP config. Did some research. I thought there was a DNS resolutioun problem, but alas, it was as simple as sip_nat.conf. Still digging into the innards of this beast while I juggle many other things. I'll get it before too long. Need to tackle dicko's backup recipe before too long. Just want to get a basic system up and running. Have most everything figured out, thanks in large part to uncle dicko. Thanks for the responses.

coryjsanders

karma to both of you, by the way.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manuelc