New install on dedicated server

Discussion in 'General' started by MarkosJal, Aug 20, 2008.

1. MarkosJal

I am writing more or less the same message again more abbreviated , as the first attempt yielded a message that public posts were not allowed although the same page showed me as logged in.

1) elastix supposedly includes virtualization, but with zen one must install the OS first then elastix, is this correct?

2) I tried to follow
    http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... on_support
    (in spanish which I read and understand) and it seems to refer to a gui Install. So I then trries virtual-install from the console , which asked many of the same questions and at the point of indicating the mounted ISO filke an error indicated that it was not an installable file system (Elastix-1.1-8-11ago2008.iso)

3) I then moved on to
    http://elastix.org/index.php?option=com ... rom_script
    which seems to instruct one to install over an OS with zen manually installed, this should work , however the iso image referenced is an older version and there appears to be no equivalent iso for the current release. I believe I am correct that this is a different ISO than that which contains the OS. Am I wrong?

IS there an easier way to get the virtualization up on a box with no GUI?

we need to get this up overnight and can not have delays. So far the install has not worked, the forums have not worked , and the IRC channel link has not worked. That doers not feed my confidence.

Anyone that can offer help , much appreciated.

Mark
    markosjal /at] gmail (dot] c0m

2. donhwyo

Not sure if this will work but might be worth a try. yum install xen

Do it from a working regular elastix install.

You can also install the gui with yum if you need it. Search google for help on that.

Don

3. MarkosJal

Don,

We are looking to minimize guesswork, not add more.

MArk