New Group for Monitoring - shows no calls?

Mathiau

I have set up an account for our manager to listen to calls, i have allowed the account only access to monitoring, it logs in fine, shows the monitoring module, but show no calls, no matter what filter i use

However under the admin account, it lists recorded calls...

do i have to allow access to something else to be able to see the recorded calls?

Mathiau

anyone?

Mathiau

I really need to figure out why this new account wont show any recorded calls, is it a permission issue perhaps on the wav files or recording directory?

dwells

it might be a permission of the user, check that Monitoring & CDR reports are enabled. If that's all you're doing.

Mathiau

i didn't have CDR reporting on, but i just added it and saved it, but still not showing any recorded calls :(

dwells

are you trying to look at ALL calls, or just that ext????

what you would need to probably do if monitoring all extensions is make a new account that has ALL attributes, essentially a new administrator level account, group named something else..and make a user a part of that group(NEW ADMIN)so you don't loose control. (logout/login as new admin)
then change the existing Administrator account to monitor only.
This is because the admin GROUP is checked for access in the index.php (hard coded to check admin group rights)if you are not, you don't get access! Otherwise you would need to comment out all the admin group checks, but it's there for a reason.

But that's just one ~WACKY~ idea. and it would save you changing php code...yikes.
If you have many "administrators" I might think of something else...

Mathiau

that could work, i am the only admin right and and only person with access to thePBX, i want to give our support supervisor access to the recordings of the support calls for monitoring and such.

Will give that a try!

Help is much appreciated!

Mathiau

tried this, but under the group permissions, i can not remove access to users and account section for administrator account, so this would give the user access to modify accounts.

dwells

hmmm. well there is another post in here about how to change the php code. It may have been Bob that posted it, but I can't remember what it's called. Sorry my wacko suggestion didn't work out.

The fix is to comment out all(4 i think) the IF statements to check for admin group. Look fir it and try that.

Mathiau

To bring this subject back

"then change the existing Administrator account to monitor only. "

i just did this, created a new admin account, added me to it, suprise, i couldnt see any monitored calls, i then went in and edited the Administrator account to only do monitor access, and saved it, then logged in as the admin, and it showed the monitored calls.
i then logged back into my account under the new admin group to check some other settings, then i logged back in under the admin account and no calls show.

Now, no matter what account or permissions are set or what group ,none of them show the monitored calls! Now i am screwed because my SSL password isn't taking either so i cant SSL in and download those calls.......

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fpino