New Elastix plugins and Moduals

Discussion in 'General' started by Ichorcom007, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Ichorcom007

I would just like to take some time introduce myself to the community as I just purchased Ichor Communications Incorporated out of Toronto and my new company is going to begin(starting last Monday) writing modules and plug-in's for Elastix that will be for the most part open-source and free to download. My name is Jeremy Fabiano.

The first one that is in order is a plug-in for the Joomla Content Management System and also a plugin that will bridge vtiger with Elastix and Joomla. I have hired Hannes Papenburg. Hannes is a core Joomla developer and works for the Joomla project. He is going to be overseeing this project. There will also be 4 other well seasoned programmers paid to finishing these plug-ins and modules.

Now I would like some feedback from the community on what Joomla components I should write for the plug-in. For those not familiar with Joomla a component is block of code that Joomla will display inside a website. You do not have to be a programmer to make a out-of-control website with Joomla. So for instance here are some components that we will be working on now and finishing beta packages in the next few weeks :

1. A component that will add and delete sip registrations and trunks registrations from the joomla site.

2. A component that will work with a2billing and keep track of users account balances and disply the billing page. This componet wiill blow your mind when we are finished with it , everything will stiill be configured in a2billing and this page will display all there billing info based on a2billing. A2billing has released there new verison as stable and it is AWSOME!

3. A component that will add and delete DIDS from from a joomla users account.

4. A component that will connect do DIDX.nets API and allow the plugin to buy, sell, delete, and get updates for dids from didx.net in over 50 different countries. and display them to your joomla user and keep track of the in your a2billing.

Get the drift ? So any advice from the community on which components should be developed is more than welcome.

Ichorcom will release this plug-in as open-source eventually. But at first the development of the plugin and its workings will only be available to people involved in the elastix project and my personal development team.

Over the next few days www.ichorcom.com will have been updated with its new look and the gforge server that will be managing the project where people can interact with my development team on issues,bugs suggestions and what not well be accessed through the Ichorcom site.

If your interested in helping with this plug-in by providing source, testing, or component suggestions you can contact me and I can provide you with a login to gforge site if need. There wilil also be forms on ichorcom.com pertaining to the development of these plugins and moduals.

Only people who are heavly invloved in elastix and have been around since the begaining need apply for gforge registrations. Time to give somthing back to the community.

Please componet suggestions people, I think we can come up with at least 60 of there here on this for lets do it! Remember anyone helping support Elastix or the development of the plugin with get the plug-in before it is released.

2. rafael

Hi Jeremy :D

Those are really good news for the Elastix project. We have been seeking to get support from the community to develop software and this post is a really step forward on making Elastix better.

It would be really good, if you Hannes and the other programers join the Elastix developers mailing list and beta testers mailing lists:

Sounds intresting. Can you give us a practical example of this?

So I guess this woudl be a plugin that would front end a2billing in a joomla site?

It seems that this modules would work for a company that sell voip services using Elastix.
    I would contact you and the core developers of Elastix to see how would work this out. The idea would be to free the software as gpl.

Thanks agaim Jeremmy :D, great news for the project. Check your inbox I would be emaling you soon :D

REgards,

Rafael

3. Hackwar

Hey guys,
    just wanted to quickly reply here on Jeremys post and say hi. My name is Hannes Papenberg and I will be one of the guys working on these extensions. :)

Hannes

4. Ichorcom007

Rafael ,

These first plug-in's are completely for individuals in the community that want to start their own business.

The page that will add and delete the sip and trunk extensions are for customers. Here is my code I scripted that will add the users extensions based on packages that are setup in a2billing. A user will select a package from a drop down menu and when he press the submit button this script will add the sip registrations to elastix and a2billing. http://www.pastebin.org/8782 this code is not complete in a sense that it is not inside the joomla framework and needs to be added to.

Cyberfab007

5. Ichorcom007

Ichorcom would like to announce that the development site for Elajoom , is up and running , gforce.ichorcom.com is hosting the site. The Elajoom frame work is complete and installable. We are currently finishing the first two components that will allow users to purchese sip extensions and packages and let them view them on the site!.

cyberfab007
    CEO
    Ichorcom

6. mean1010

7. DrDigital

so its been 8 months all your phone numbers for ichorcom give busy signals no matter what time of day I call for the past month and your website is back up finally... but in offline mode and most email address's to ichorcom bounce back