Network parameters

Discussion in 'General' started by justconnect, Jun 17, 2009.

1. justconnect

Hi all

Just starting with Elastix and pulling my few remaining hairs out. Set up a SIP trunk but unable to get outgoing calls to work. Starting from first principles, I need to ensure that I am online. Naturally I checked under Network parameters. My settings are:

Host: sip.webcall.co.za
    Default Gateway: 192.168.0.200
    Primary DNS:192.168.0.200
    Secondary DNS: 208.67.222.222

The IP address of the Elastix box is 192.168.0.57.

I am not sure what HOST is? Can anyone tell me what this is and what it ought to be? As you can see I simply put in my sip host's details.

On a related matter, is there any way to CHECK if the Elastix box is indeed connected to the web as the SIP trunk will NEVER work if it isn't.

Thanks very much...

2. Patrick_elx

the network parameters are the network parameters of your elastix server. It has nothing to do with your SIP provider. You set your sip provider in the trunks.

Host is the name of your server. If you have a domain name put it here

Please go to the download section and read elastix without tears. You will have a step by step setup and it will answer many of your questions.

3. justconnect

Thanks Patrick! I already have Elastix without tears but there is no mention in there of the HOST setting. Page 27 has an oblique reference to it. We don't have our own domain here so will it make a difference if I just use eg 192.168.0.57 (the ip address of the elastix box)?

Is there any way to check that the Elastix box has access to the web? Eg ping www.elastix.org I would hate to find out that after fiddling around for ages, that my problem was no internet connection!

Thanks

4. Mirko87

To find if you are on-line there are a million of methods...
    Try to ping google.com for example, or install something useful with yum (yum install nano)...

If the network parameters are ok, and you can't download nothing the problem probably is situated into /etc/resolv.conf

Regards,

Mirko

5. justconnect

Hi

Thanks - I can confirm that I am online! The ping works (But my sip trunk is still not working :unsure: ). Another funny though - when I ping sip.webcall.co.za from my windows machine, it pings to IP address 196.30.127.180. However, when I do the same from Elastix, it pings to localdomain 127.0.0.1. Similarly, if I type sip debug peers in CLI, I get:

Name/username Host Dyn Nat ACL Port Status
    Webcall/27878067992 127.0.0.1 5060 Unmonitored
    210/210 192.168.0.47 D N 22282 OK (102 ms)
    208/208 (Unspecified) D N 0 UNKNOWN
    3 sip peers [Monitored: 1 online, 1 offline Unmonitored: 1 online, 0 offline]

Why is the resolved IP address different on my windows box and on Elastix?

Thanks

6. danardf

Hi.

If you have this configuration:
    [​IMG]

You must put into the sip_nat conf file

If you have a public ip:
    if you have a dynamic IP (use dyndns or other):
    now your Elastix server name can be the same name as dyndns or your real domain name.

For example, if i have a domain name as: franck.domain.net, my elastix server name is franck.domain.net. So replace the default name server from Elastix server by your real domain name.

As the picture, you can see a example configuration.

Now your trunk can seem like that:

Leave blank, the last part trunk config (incoming settings)
    put only the first part (outgoing settings)

Now you must configure the outbound route with the good trunk and good dial patterns as "." or "xxxxxxxxxx" or "1xxxxxxxx" (as you dial plan operator)