Network - DHCP Sever

jessie

Gentlemen,

I migrate my Elastix to a new sever with two ethernet ports. Ethernet 0 is configured into PPPoE type of connection and it is working well. Now, my question is, under the Network configuration, there are two menu, Network Parameters and DHCP server. What exactly the used of DHCP server parameters? Can I used that for the eth1? I am planning to used the second ethernet port for my enpoints like ATA and IPphone into a single LAN.

ISP (PPPoE)------> eth0 -----> Elastix
.........................-> eth1 -----> switch ---> ATA/IP phones/Sofphone clients

Any idea, recommendation and comments is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Jessie

Megabyte

Yes you can use that to server IP address to eth1, you can assing the gateway, ip address and dns servers too. if you dont have one dhcp server running in your Lan you can use that.

jessie

Hello Megabyte,

I atempted the plan on making the other ehternet as a new network for my internal IP phones. External phones will register using the public IP as the domain while this internal IP phones will used the local IP as the domain. I attached here the netowrk image.

Here is what happen. I manage to make the rp-pppoe installation work. Now my Elastix connectivity runs on Ethernet 0 (eth0) and so, I want the Ethernet 1 to be usetilized. I configure the ethernet 1 with and staitc IP:192.168.254.252 while my ethernet 0 is in PPPoE with and static IP:202.69.xxx.73. With this setup, it will allow me to have a redundant connection.

Here is the problem. if I turn up the eth1, eth0 turns down, making the PPPoE turns down too. This means that I only got a connection one at a time, either I have to use eth0 up and eth1 down or vice versa.

Any idea why this setup is not working? Any advice for me to change the approach and obtain the same plan?

You time is very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Jessie

jessie

jessie said:
Hello Megabyte,

I atempted the plan on making the other ehternet as a new network for my internal IP phones. External phones will register using the public IP as the domain while this internal IP phones will used the local IP as the domain. I attached here the netowrk image.

Here is what happen. I manage to make the rp-pppoe installation work. Now my Elastix connectivity runs on Ethernet 0 (eth0) and so, I want the Ethernet 1 to be usetilized. I configure the ethernet 1 with and staitc IP:192.168.254.252 while my ethernet 0 is in PPPoE with and static IP:202.69.xxx.73. With this setup, it will allow me to have a redundant connection.

Here is the problem. if I turn up the eth1, eth0 turns down, making the PPPoE turns down too. This means that I only got a connection one at a time, either I have to use eth0 up and eth1 down or vice versa.

Any idea why this setup is not working? Any advice for me to change the approach and obtain the same plan?

You time is very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Jessie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr