Needs help - Remote dialing to dial 2nd line

Discussion in 'General' started by Miguel, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Miguel

Hi!

I need some suggestions of how to get a dial tone (to dial any phone number) of my home 2nd line (a digital phone line) thru my first line which is the magic jack line phone(http://www.magicjack.com/2/?mid=304185).

This is the scenario. I will be using any phone or cellphone outside my home (from work or any areas) to call my magic jack line phone at home then a certain device at home to connect me to my 2nd line phone (a digital phone) at home so that I can remotely dial any phone number (national or internation call). Of course I need to enter a PIN code for security purposes.

I really need to use my 2nd line at home because of international dialing features. I cannot use the 3 way calling feature of it if I will try to call international number.

A very simple way is using a 2 line phone then someone at home as operator to make a conference call but unfortunately nobody wants to stay 24 hrs just to make a conference call for me.

I found this forum very interesting regarding telephony issues. I hope someone can suggest and recommend the best possible solution considering the call quality end to end.

I found also a forum site (http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r205544 ... e-of-line2) regarding remote dialing. Then somebody from this forum suggested about elastix.

I'm not really a computer guy and telephone expert but I will try to understand your future recommendations.

Thanks
    Miguel

2. rafael

I think that what you need is disa. I would recommend you to download Elastix Without Tears and search for DISA on it. Of course it would be really helpful y you follow the guide to set your pbx.

Saludos,

Rafael

3. Miguel

Hi! Rafael

Thank you for your recommendation. I guess I need a lot of time to do some reading about disa. I will try my best to setup my pbx using disa.

miguel

4. danardf

yes the Disa.
    It's simple.

Setup your Disa. (PIN code, ...Etc)
    After.

You must create Incoming Route.
    Into your Caller ID Number, include your phone number from you calling. (exemple your Cell phone number)
    be careful at the secret number!!!

In the destination, choice "Disa".

That's all