Need suggestion to track calls by type?

Discussion in 'General' started by oshkosh, Aug 27, 2010.

1. oshkosh

Hey everyone, looking for a suggestion. I'm wondering if there's any way to track calls by extensions by call type. For example, my sales reps make prospecting calls, follow up calls, etc. It would be great if all they had to do was say press 9* then the number and that would track it as a prospecting call, where 8* was upsell etc etc.

I know I can sort of do something similar using account codes, I could say code 10 is prospecting, 20 is upsell etc which works well. The only issue is it's too big of a delay to make the calls. Having it prompt for the password and to press #, then dialing the number and so on. I also don't need to track all calls, only prospecting for example. So I'd really prefer if picking up the phone allowed them to just dial normally, but dialing a code or something first would track it as a certain code.

Open to suggestions though! I guess I could worst case do 2 outbound routes, one is just dial pattern . so that all calls go right to the trunk. Then have a second outbound route if they dial 9 first which then requires an account code. So for prospecting calls they dial 9 first then enter the code. Still a lot of work though. Ideas??