Need multiple lines on 1 phone & 1 extension

Discussion in 'General' started by sskiba, Sep 10, 2008.

1. sskiba

Hi, We've just recently managed to get our system going & we're pretty happy with it overall. I have a new issue that I can't seem to solve & can't seem to find clear info on.

I want to be able to list extension 220 three times on our receptionists phone. I got that. I went to elastix endpoint configuration page, went to the specific phone, went to "line" & on "Num Line Keys" entered 3. So the same extension number lists 3 times.

On multiple incoming calls we would like each line to show each new call. So, the 1st call lights up the top extension number 222, the 2nd call lights up the 2nd extension numbered 222 & the 3rd call lights up the 3rd extension numbered 222. Then the receptionist can put call 1 on hold & deal with call 2 etc. But we also want the 2nd & 3rd call to be able to move down the ring group within a 6 second time frame if the receptionist can't answer the additional lines at that moment. I hope that makes sense.

I'm guessing this is a fairly common request but I can't get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We're using Polycom 601's & 550's.

Thanks, Steve

2. busster8

this is a polycom issue. Make sure that the phone is provisioned correctly and that all lines appearances are programmed to 222.

Should be able to browse to the phone as well.

3. sskiba

Thanks busster8,

We actually got it working using 3 on Num Line Keys. I found a post that said I needed to go to the specific phone & activate call waiting by punching in *70. Then had to set Ring Group Ring Strategy to memoryhunt. That seems to have done it.

From your post are you saying I could have set 3 separate lines in Endpoint Configuration and that would do it too?

Thanks, Steve